Chapter 4

Emily's POV

I opened the door to leave to the bonfire until I noticed Jason at my door. "Oh..Hi" I said in shock. He gave me a cheesy smile. "You dropped your diary when you fell" He said handing my diary to me. I was worried sick! I didn't know where it was or who found it! I fell a hug relief come upon me. "That god you found it" I took it and held it tight. "I'm glad it wasn't in the wrong hands. My whole life and thought is written in it" I said happily. He smiled. "Well hey.." Jason started. I was still listening I just put my diary on the small shelf. I turned and walked back.

"Are you going to the bonfire?" He asked I laughed. "I was just about to go there, would you like to go with me? It's only a block away" I said. He nodded. I grabbed my coat and told my Aunt Jenni goodbye. I closed the door behind me and me and Jason started walking together. "You don't live with your parents?" Jason asked to break the ice. I sighed. "My parents abandoned me, so my Aunt Jenni took me in. I only have her and my brother, Jer." I explained. "Oh, I'm sorry." He said. I know I only met Jason today, but he seemed like a sweet and caring guy.

When we arrived at the bonfire all the 12th graders where dancing and drinking. I looked around. No sign of Beth and Jes. Thats not normal. They are usually always at every bonfire, since they were the host. "I don't sense..i mean see them"  Jason said correcting himself. I took one more look. I wasn't the type who drank or partied. "Follow me" I stated. I was taking Jason to the bridge. 

When we arrived there it was pure silence. Side by side me and Jason walked together. "What was that secret?" I asked. It was bothering me all day. Something is wrong. He isn't a normal 17 year old that goes to Mystic Wells High School. He stood quietly and then answered. "I wish I could tell you, Emily, but I can't." I sighed. I was about to reply until I heard screams and scritches. Then I heard people in terror and people screaming 'Call 911'. I ran from the bridge and to the bonfire location.

I pushed people out of the way to see what was happening, I gasped as soon as I saw it. Vikkie, my brothers Girlfriend, laying in Jer's arms, lifeless. A chunk of her neck was gone, pours of blood came out. "Ohmygod" I said with my hands over my mouth. Jason was beside me in shock as well. "Kellan." He mummbled. I turned and gawked at him. "Who?" I asked quietly. "My brother." He said. 

Seconds later the police arrived. Telling everyone to go home and get rest. The docters came in and took Vikkie. Jer went with them. His face was all red and so was his eyes from crying. I felt bad for him. Vikke was the only person he was happy with or even near. I turned to Jason who was talking to a guy. He had jet black hair with sharp blue eyes. How couldn't you not like that? I walked over to Jason. "You must be the lovely Emily. My brother has said so much about you." The guy greeted me. "I am Kellan" He added. I put a fake smile on and greeted him back.

I noticed Jason rolling his eyes. I turned to him. "Please tell me your secret?" I asked. Kellan gasped. "You didn't tell her yet?" He said. Then he shook his head in shame. "Can I come to your house and you can tell me?" I asked Jason, and Kellan as well. "Yes! Follow me, Emily." Kellan said wrapping his arm around mine, Jason walked behind us as we headed to their house. 

I'm so nervous about what they are going to tell me.