“Grayson!” I jump onto his bed, crawling onto him. “Your aunt just slapped you for being irresponsible when clearly you’re the one supporting the household! You can’t just expect that they’ll know it if you don’t tell them!”

“But I’m the asshole, not them! I hate bragging!”

“This isn’t bragging! This is just telling everyone where all the funds come from! If they don’t know, they can’t appreciate!”

Grayson gives up then and just… stops. He’s literally laying there with THE blankest stare in his eyes.

“…Grayson?” I poke him, but he doesn’t move. “Grayson?”

He turns over and stares at me, his long lashes fluttering. “Why are you still here?”

“Why wouldn’t I be?” I shrugged. Blaire’s number 1 rule is to always be there. And that’s where I am.

“I’ve been nothing but horrible to you, and I’ve been fucking nice to them at one point or another. Yet, you’re still here. Why?”

That’s a good question.

“Because I like my daddy,” I purred, hugging him. He doesn’t pull away, but he doesn’t hug me back either. “I don’t want to leave him alone.”

“But I’ve treated you like shit.” He argues.

“There’s a reason behind everything. I assume you’re going to tell me once you figure it out.” I smiled at him, pulling away. “Right?”

Grayson nods slowly, his eyes fluttering all over my face. “…right.”

“I love you daddy!” I squeal, throwing my arms out.

Grayson rolls his eyes, but I see the slightest hint of a grin at the corner of his lips. Hehe. “I loooove you daaaddddyy.” I purr.

When Grayson doesn’t respond, I get on my knees and crawl onto him, pushing my face into his. “I LOVE YOU DADDY!”

This time, he actually smiles. He smiles just for me. And his smile isn’t an ordinary one, either. He only smiles when he means it. And his smile is beautiful.

“You crazy fuck,” he says, every single one of his white teeth gleaming. He doesn’t push me off, but instead, I can feel a warm hand on my back, holding me tight. “I can’t believe you put up with my shit.”

“Well, I need to take care of my daddy, right?” I can feel his nose touching mine, and it’s warm. Like a deer. A warm deer.

Not that I'd know. Psh. It's not like I got curious at the zoo in 4th grade and sniffed some deer ass.

“Alright.” Grayson holds me closer, and slowly, he inches forward.

Oooooh shit what do I dooooo I haven’t kissed a Grayson before!

"AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA UNICORNS!" I shrieked. "DEERS ARE COO- " I try to distract him, but it doesn't work. He merely grins and grabs my chin.

But Grayson makes it simple, simply tilting his head upwards to kiss me. It’s different than kissing Justin, for sure. Justin’s kisses are cold and forced (maybe it was just because he didn’t know what he was doing), but Grayson’s kisses are more…emotional. He kisses me like he means it, not just because he was experimenting like Justin was.

I can feel his warm lips making his way down my neck, and this time, I actually enjoy it. His lips aren’t chapped like Justin’s were, and he knows where to nibble and where to suck.

“You…never…told me…you were such a good…kisser…” I manage to get out while he kisses my tummy. I forget the world around me for a second; I forget that I’m an abandoned child, I forget that Justin’s out there, waiting, I forget that Aunt Cecilia probably wants to murder Grayson right now. All I’m focused on is that fact that I’m seeing the real Grayson now, and I want to capture every moment of it.

Who knows when I’ll see him again?

He stops kissing me once he gets to my belly button and leaves one final kiss on my lips, rolling me over so I’m off of him. “Sorry.”

Sorry? “Fucking nuts! Sorry for what?!”

“Nothing.” I can see the tips of his ears turn scarlet red. “Just…leave.”

Ouch. “What?”

“Nevermind. Go join Cecilia and tell her that I’m sick or something.”

Bullshit. “So you’re saying that…so you kissed me like you meant it, and now you’re sending me away?”

Grayson shrugs. “Doesn’t everybody do that to me?”

“But I’m not you!” I snapped, finally losing it. “I. Am. Not. You.”

Grayson sighs. “I’m sorry, Blaire. I shouldn’t have done that.”

This guy is fucking mental! “Yes, you should have! Because that was the real you, you fucker!” I lower my voice a bit once I see him wince from my yelling. I crawl on top of him again, and he doesn’t push me off. “You. Like. Me. Don’t even bother denying it. You kiss like you mean it, and Justin doesn’t. I can tell the fucking difference. Okay? You’re not deersexual. You’re Blairesexual. And you’re just angry. Really angry inside. That is why you act like a dick. I’ll admit it. But inside—“ I stab his chest once, with my finger, “you’re not a dick inside. You’re a wonderful colorblind Grayson unicorn with a beautiful smile.”

Grayson blinks. Then he looks out the window.

“Okay.”

It was a different kind of okay this time. “I’m sorry, Blaire.” For everything.

I was pretty sure that once today was over, he wouldn’t apologize to save his life ever again. So I merely accepted it and made myself comfortable on top of him, like a cat.

“Blaire?”

“Yeah?”

Grayson kisses me softly on the lips once I look up, and he offers a small smile. “Thanks.” He then stares into my eyes for a long time, and I wonder what he’s seeing.

“Happy Birthday.” I finally say, resting my head on his chest so we can admire the sunset together.

“Yeah,” he breathes out. “Happy Birthday.”

_______

Kinda rushed. Blame @crimsonbloodyrose

^__^