"No I do want to go, but only if you're sure they won't mind," he finally said.

She rolled her eyes and pushed him with one hand out the door and held her Mum's gift in the other, "C'mon you loser,"

-

Her 22 year old little brother Nicolas had answered the door when she knocked. They saw each other more often since Nicolas moved into the heart of Madrid with his girlfriend after finishing University a year ago.

"Hey Klara," he kissed his sister on both cheeks and scrunched his eyebrow at the boy behind him, "And Álvaro? What's up man? Haven't seen you in years,"

They did their little bro-hug and began to chat, completely isolating Klara.

"Erm excuse me?" she chuckled and jabbed at her brother.

"They're in the back garden," he shooed her off and continued the conversation with Álvaro. The two always got along well.

She just shrugged and headed out. The spacey garden was decorated with little tables, chairs, banners and balloons and there was a barbecue going in the corner. There was around 20 people there but Klara picked out her Mum and hugged her.

"I'm so happy you could make it!" Camilla said cheerfully, "I hoped that you wouldn't still be sick,"

"I would still come if I was, Mum," she teased, "Oh and I brought a guest, hope you don't mind. He's inside with Nicolas,"

"He?" her mum frowned.

Her Dad joined the conversation, "Oh is it that boy you were telling us about? Andy?"

"Andrew, Dad, and no, it's not. We were never together and everything is over between us," she informed them, "I'll go tell Nicolas to stop hogging him,"

She stepped back into the house to find Álvaro and Nicolas still conversing.

"Hate to break up this bromance, but other people haven't seen Álvaro in years too," she tapped Nicolas on the shoulder, "Mind?"

"Uh yes?" Nicolas fired back.

"See you later, mate," Álvaro chuckled and patted the younger one on the back. He followed Klara into the back garden.

They seemed to come at a perfect time since Alvaro's parents were with Klara's. The four of them all seemed visibly shocked when he came in.

"Álvaro? What are you doing here son?" his Mum asked in surprise as she hugged her son.

Álvaro glanced at Klara who was smiling to herself, "Klara invited me. I hope you don't mind, Mrs. Montes, and happy birthday,"

Camilla took Álvaro in for a hug and a kiss on the cheek, "Of course not! And it's still Camilla to you. I may be a year older, but don't make me feel like it. You're welcome here any time, Álvaro,"

Alejandro also hugged Álvaro. Out of anyone in Klara's family, he had the best relationship with her Dad and that was an incredibly special thing when your girlfriend's dad absolutely loved you. Maybe it was because her Dad was a massive football fan and they always bonded over the sport.

"Glad to see you again too Álvaro," Alejandro shook with laughter out of delight.

They all chatted for a few more minutes until Klara piped up.

"Is Kyle here yet?" she asked.

"Yeah, they should be down soon. Kyle and Andrea's just putting down Kez for her afternoon nap- oh speak of the devils!" Camilla exclaimed when Kyle and his wife, Andrea, walked in.

"Hermano," she stuck her tongue out at him and hugged him, "It's been forever,"

He hugged her swiftly but dismissed her, "Yeah yeah, nevermind you. Álvaro!"

She rolled her eyes before proceeding to hug his wife, Andrea. For a 27 year old, he sure seemed childish.

Álvaro and Klara got away from the family moments later when she mentioned that she was hungry. They went inside the quiet house to get some food.

"See, I told you that they still adored you," she said smugly.

"I'm glad. At least I still have the approval of some of the people close to you," he nudged his nose against her shoulder affectionately before picking out some tasty food.

"Who won't approve?" she crinkled her nose.

"Rafa?" he said it as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Oh yeah..." she trailed off, "Don't worry about him too much. He can't hold a grudge against you for long,"

He rolled his eyes playfully and followed her back out. They took a seat with her siblings.

"Nick, why isn't Jess here?" she wondered to her little brother.

"She was here a while ago but work called her in for an emergency," he shrugged. Jess worked at the hospital as a graduated nurse.

Kyle changed the subject promptly, "How long have you two been back together?"

Álvaro glanced at Klara amusedly, "We're not back together yet,"

"Yet is the key word, everyone," he toasted his drink in the air teasingly and raised his eyebrows at his sister, "We're not getting any younger, you two,"

"I'll, uh, keep that in mind," Álvaro chuckled nervously.

"Where's your partner-in-crime?" Nicolas asked, "Rafa?"

She widened her eyes, "Shoot, I totally forgot to invite him. Is it too late?"

Nicolas only asked the question when he saw the Frenchman creep up behind Klara with a finger to his lips. He shook her shoulder abruptly and she let out a shriek.

"Raphaël Varane!" she scolded as he sat down, "Fuck you,"

"What you get for forgetting me," he shrugged simply, "Álvaro what are you doing here mate?"

He didn't falter for a single second, "Parents are here. They asked me to come,"

"Oh yeah. I always forget your parents are friends with Klara's," he excused himself to get food.

Klara smiled to Álvaro as if to say well done.

-

Álvaro and Klara left the house around 6. Raphaël had left earlier, therefore he didn't see them leave together which would stir up suspicion in him.

"Have a nice night, Klaz," he reached over the middle of the car to hug her, "Thank you for today,"

This time, she was the one to place an affectionate kiss on his cheeks. However, they both noticed that it lingered dangerously close to his lips. Neither said anything, but Álvaro definitely walked away with a content grin.

-

[ A/N: @ borussia dortmund, pls bring back bby marco for the derby next week ! omg omg i just need him back in the squad : ((((((((( well done to auba for his four goals yaaaay! and also, some pl updates : since manchester united drew 1-1 with middlesbrough and chelsea thrashed everton 5-0 today, chelsea are top of the league. third and fourth place arsenal and liverpool (aka my babies) are both behind chelsea by two points, which means if they win, they'll go top of the league tied (!!!!), HOOOOWEVER, liverpool only have watford tomorrow so they're favourites, but arsenal have FUCKING TOTTENHAM HOTSPURS EUGH who are still unbeaten so i'm hoping and praying that we win :)) ya gunners ya! ]