"Aye! Carter!" Tyler said greeting him.

"Wassup man. You remember Scarlett." He said introducing me.

"Of course! Hi Scarlett!" He said, pulling me in for a hug.

"Hehe, hi Tyler, it's good to see you." I admitted, holding his hands.

"You too cutie!" He said, before Carter glared at him, making him awkwardly clear his throat.

"So, drinks are over there, pools out back, you know the deal." He motioned to everything.

"Scarlett!" I heard familiar voices say.

"Brooklyn?! Sarah?! What're you guys doing here?!" I said surprised.

"Oh me? Tyler's my cousin." Brooklyn admitted.

"TYLER'S YOUR COUSIN?! WHEN WERE YOU GONNA TELL ME?!"

"Tonight!" She smiled.

I rolled my eyes. "Not funny."

"Okay, I didn't want you to find out because he's friends with Carter, and I don't want you getting involved."

"And what about you Sarah?" I asked, now looking at her.

"Oh, I'm dating Chris." She admitted.

Wow. Tonight was just a night full of surprises now wasn't it?

"Oh my god well! I'll see you guys! I'm here with Carter!"

"Ooh! Keep us updated!" They said. I nodded before they walked off.

"See ya man." Carter said as he finished talking to Tyler, grabbing hold of my waist and leading me up to some place quiet.

"Carter, what're you doin–"

"Scarlett, listen. I'm sorry I was so distant from you this week..." He trailed off, placing his hand against the wall next to my head.

I blinked innocently waiting for him to continue.

"I just.. I didn't wanna be labeled as a softie..." He said, looking away. I smiled at his cuteness.

"Carter," I said pulling his face to look at me, "you wouldn't be labeled a softie for having a little crush. It's normal. Besides, you know I like you too." I smiled, kissing his cheek.

"Thank you for understanding.. But, there's something I wanna ask you.." He trailed off, taking a step away from me.

He took my hand in his, "Scarlett Aims? Would you do me the honor and be my girlfriend?" He asked biting his lip.

I couldn't help how cute he was being, so I grabbed his face and smashed my lips to his. We held it for a few seconds, as he brought his hands to my waist. As I pulled away, I spoke on his lips.

"I would love to." I smiled, pecking him one last time. I wrapped my arms around his neck, as he lightly caressed my back.

"But Carter, we're at a party. Let's go have fun!" I said, grabbing his hand and dragging him to the kitchen.

He grabbed us a drink and handed me mine.

"For you ma lady." He said smiling.

"Why thank you sir." I said with a wink.

"To us!" He said, as we clincked our drinks together, taking small sips.

A couple minutes past that were spent talking about random things.