Chapter 1: The Bank

Comincia dall'inizio

After he shakes your hand, he goes and kissed the back of your hand. Sherlock felt a spark of anger in his stomach as Sebastian kissed your hand, but it disappears when he sees your face turn to slight disgust and he smiles to himself as you move your hand behind you and wipe the back of it behind you back.

Sebastian turns to Sherlock, gives him a look that said Didn't think you had friends, and asked. "Well, grab a pew. D'you need anything? Coffee, water?" You and the boys shake your heads and Sebastian turns to his secretary and said. "We're all sorted here, thanks."

As the secretary left the room, you notice something about Sebastian's watch, something off about it. Sebastian goes to his desk and sits down as You and the boys sit down on the chairs in front of the desk as well. "So, you're doing well. You've been abroad a lot." said Sherlock. "Well, some." replied Sebastian.

"Flying all the way round the world twice in a month?" asked Sherlock. John frowns in confusion and you realize why his watch was weird and you look over at Sherlock, who winks at you.

Sebastian laughs and points at Sherlock. "Right. You're doing that thing." Then he turns to you and John before speaking. "We were Uni together. This guy here had a trick he used to do."
"It's not a trick." You said, quietly glaring at Sebastian.
"He could look at you and tell you your whole life story. Put the wind up on everybody. We hated him." Sebastian said. "Yes, we've seen him do it." John said.

You look over and see Sherlock's face was filled with pain for a moment and your heart breaks for him. You reach over and place your hand over his. He looks over at you and you give him a comforting smile, he smiles briefly and both of you turn back to Sebastian.

"You'd come down to breakfast in the Formal Hall and this freak would know you'd been shagging the previous night." said Sebastian.

"I simply observed." Sherlock said, quietly.

"Go on, enlighten me. Two trips a month, flying all the way around the world--you're quite right. How could you tell?" He asked. Sherlock starts to speak but Sebastian talks over him. "You're gonna tell me there was, um, a stain on my tie from some special kind of ketchup you can only buy in Manhattan. Maybe it was the mud on my shoes!" He said, smugly.

You glare at him and said "He was chatting with your secretary outside. She told him." You said. John looks over at you confused that you would give such an ordinary explanation and Sherlock smiles at you. Sebastian chuckles and claps his hand together, then said. "Well, I'm glad you could make it over. We've had a break-in."

He leads you and the boys across the trading floor towards another door. "Sir William's office--the banks former Chairman. The room's been left here like a sort of memorial. Someone broke in late last night." He explains.

"What did they steal?" John asked him.

"Nothing. Just left a message." Sebastian said and he leads you three to a room where on the wall to the left of the portrait, of an older man, was some kind of graffiti tag in yellow paint.

The tag looks like a number 8 but with the top of the number left open, and above it is an almost horizontal straight line. The tag, a straight line, is over the eyes of the portrait. Sebastian leads the way towards the desk and then steps aside to allow Sherlock a clear view of the wall. You and John stand next to Sebastian and you stare at the tag with concentration.

Later, you and the boys were back in Sebastian's office and watch the security footage of the office from the previous night. "Sixty seconds apart. So, someone came up here in the middle of the night, splashed paint around, then left within a minute." explained Sebastian.

"How many ways into that office?" You asked.

Sebastian looks over at you and said "Well, that's where this gets really interesting." He takes you three to the reception area and shows you the layout of the trading floor on the computer. "Every door that opens in this bank, it gets logged right here. Every walk-in cupboard, every toilet." Sebastian said.

"That door didn't open last night." said Sherlock.

"There's hole in our security. Find it and we'll pay you--five figures. This is an advance. Tell me how he got in, there's a bigger one on its way." said Sebastian as he pulls out a check from his pocket and tries to hand it Sherlock. "I don't need an incentive, Sebastian. (Y/N) come with me, please." Sherlock said and he walks away and you follow him.

You and Sherlock returned to the office and you were taking pictures, with Sherlock's phone, of the graffiti while Sherlock looks at the floor to ceiling windows. He pulls the blinds revealing a door that leads to a small balcony. You hear Sherlock opening the window and you turn your head and said. "Sherlock, please be careful." Sherlock goes onto the balcony and looks out at the view over London before looking down at a very long drop to the grounds hundreds of feet below.

Sherlock bites his lips thoughtfully before heading back inside. "Got everything?" He asked you. You nod at him and he said. "Let's go." And you guys head out of the office.

On the trading floor you were leaning against a wall while Sherlock...well you really didn't know what to call what he was doing. He was ducking, scurrying and popping up around the cubicles on the floor. You couldn't help but laugh because you kinda found it adorable what he was doing and also the reaction he got from the workers was priceless. "(Y/N)." You heard him call and you moved away from the wall, making your way where he was at.

He was standing behind a chair looking directly at the office. You come up to him and he motioned for you to stand next to him. You did and see that you could see the graffiti perfectly from here. You look around for some identification and see a door with two signs attached to it, one said Hong Kong Desk Head, and the sign above it gave a name: Edward Van Coon.

"Sherlock." You said as you pointed at the sign, he turns, sees it and slides the sign off of the holder and starts to walk with you right behind him.