Chapter 13

Ella's pov;

When I wake up, I can hear cameras flashing and people awing and cooing. I peak my eyes open and see Ashton staring admiringly while Luke snaps pictures. Michael is just sitting on top of the dresser in the room; I forgot that he and Cal share this room.

I let out a whine and roll over, burying my face in the crook of Calum's neck. He wraps an arm around me, pulling the blankets up over our heads as far as they'll go.

"It's too early for paparazzi," he mumbles, his voice even deeper and more raspy than it was earlier.

"Cute things demand to be captured via photography," Luke argues. I open my eyes and roll them upon seeing him smirking at us, before ducking back under the covers.

"I'm not cute, I'm punk rock," I say in a deep voice, imitating Michael.

"You're about as punk rock as Luke's tutu," Michael snorts. I huff and throw the blankets off my face, glaring at the colorful boy.

"If you consider yourself punk rock, then I can be punk rock too," I laugh.

"I am punk rock!" He argues in a whining voice.

"Yeah, as punk rock as a kitten," I mumble.

"I love kittens!" Cal shouts, bolting upright. "Almost as much as I love puppies." He grins to himself and I pat his cheek with a chuckle.

"Okay Cali, whatever you say," I hum.

"Oh, new nickname, I love!" He gasps, grinning like an idiot.

"CAL-I-FORNIA GIRLS, WE'RE UNDENIABLE! DAISY DUKES, BIKINIS ON TOP!" Ashton screams at the top of his lungs, flopping across the foot of Cal's bed. Luke pulls out his phone and starts snap-chatting his outburst. By the end, we're a laughing mess.

"We leave the house for ten minutes," Bry laughs as she and Autumn stand in the doorway, taking in the scene before us.

"I lava you," Luke hums as he skips over and wraps his arms around her waist.

"Mm, I lava you more," Autumn smiles back as he leans his head down to kiss her, and Cal once again covers my eyes.

"And I hate you all," I reply cheekily.

"False, you love me," Michael corrects, grinning as he pulls me into his arms.

"She loves me more," Cal whines, grabbing my hand. I feel myself starting to get worked up over all the human contact, and quickly shimmy out of Michael's grip and perch myself at the end of the bed, just wanting to break away from the people for a moment.

Luke, along with everyone else, looks at me in concern and Michael apologizes, but I just smile and shrug it off, wishing desperately for the attention to be off of me. Thankfully, Michael loves attention and decides that the best way to get it is by screaming very loudly. It makes me flinch, but I giggle half heartedly afterwards as all the boys slowly trickle out of the room. Michael gently lifts me onto his back and skips down the stairs, making my ride a bumpy one as I giggle. He sets me down in the kitchen where everyone else has gathered.

"What's on the schedule today?" I ask as I hoist myself up onto the kitchen counter. It's rather gloomy outside, and looks like it might rain. I don't mind the rain, especially since it's pretty scarce in California.