Quite Down, Firecracker

Yo! This fic is based off of a hc post that I made on tumblr a little while ago. I hope you like it!!!!!!!! - Nico

Warnings - swearing, poly relationships, Very long descriptions of hands

Everybody's quirk comes out in different ways. For some, its based on a need. A short child can't reach the bowls on a shelf. Tomorrow at Pre-school, she'll present her new stretching quirk. A girl is playing hide-and-seek with her friend. She sits in a corner and wishes to be  invisible. No-one sees her face again. Some just pop out randomly. A little boy wakes up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. Whilst trying to rub the sleep out of his eyes, he cuts his left eye. A wail of pain wakes his parents. 

Some never got that feeling.

For Katsuki, it was a burst of feelings. A rush of anger. Anger at one specific person. Moments before his quirk presented, he had over heard something that he was not mean't to hear. 

It was just another day at Pre-school. Or it was suppose to be. He would try to impress his 'friends'. At lunch they would go to skip stones. He would be the only one to skip a stone 4 times.

But not anymore. It occurred when he was solving a puzzle. It was an animal one. He was a fair amount of a ways away from the others. He had gotten bored of what they were doing.

"Little Izuku hasn't gotten his quirk yet." One of his teachers- Suzuya-san-said quietly. It was kind of hard to hear them. Although, it was kind of hard to hear everyone nowadays.

His second teacher sighed. "I noticed. Sometimes I wonder I any quirk will fit him. I think he'll have a healing quirk. I know for sure Katsuki-kun's will be flashy."

Suzuya-san nodded. "I just wonder what would happen if Izuku-kun didn't get a quirk. What would happen then? What would we say to the other children," she finished off in a whisper. Katsuki could just barely hear her now.

Katsuki was about to stomp off, having heard enough. The thought of Izuku not having a quirk was absolutely revolting to the 4 year old.

"We tell them he doesn't need a quirk." The male teacher said.

'Fukuya-san.' his mind supplied bleakly.

The gaint smell of smoke filled his senses, effectively distracting his young, hyper mind.

It seemed to be coming from him? Heat registered at his waist.

Absently, Katsuki looked down to his hands. His hands were emitting grey smoke. In the center of his palm, was a small cluster of sparks.

'Like a firecracker...'

He hear the hushed whispers of the other kids and the footsteps of hi-

Nothing.

His world has gone silent. Katsuki looks up to see Suzuya-san smiling at him. He sees her speak, but the words-quite literally-fall on deaf ears.

"What?" Katsuki tries to say. The only way he knows he said it is because he can feel the vibrations in his throat.

Suzuya-san says something. She looks mildly amused.

"I can't hear you." Katsuki manages to say. Dismissing her, he looks down at his hands. He is dumb. He knows why he can't hear her. Katsuki may not know the reason, but having this quirk seems to have a disadvantage. A big one.

Katsukis a smart bab. I always pictured him as a calm kid before his quirk. Anyways! Hope you liked it! I don't think I like the ending. Might change it later on. You can find me on AO3 too. Later, losers! - Nico