Chapter One - Sailing for Nilo

Hey guys! So I have another idea for an SA fan fiction but i'm not going to tell you until I got the details down. So there's a chance I might start writing another SA fan fic after I finish this book!

Enjoy chapter one!

Ivan's POV

"Argh," Ivan winced as he felt pain go through his head.

Images flashed through his mind. He heard screams and yells. He saw flashes of what looked like John. Then he saw the parasite.

"Ivan, are you okay?" Jef asked worriedly as the others gathered around him.

Ivan gasped. He was back in the ship with the others, sailing for Nilo. He stood up shakily and rubbed his head.

"Ivan?" Riley said worriedly.

"Y-Yeah," Ivan reassured them shakily, "I'm fine."

Everyone knew that was a lie. He wasn't fine a while ago.

"What happened?" Rollan asked, walking towards them with Abeke.

"Ivan's head started hurting," Irene replied.

"No, it wasn't like that," Ivan quickly said and Riley gave him a look, "Okay, maybe it's kinda like that but not exactly. I kinda saw something that was supposed to be good but it didn't look good."

Everyone just stared at him confused while Jef said, "That does not make any sense."

"What I meant to say is," Ivan said, "I heard yelling and screaming-"

"Isn't that the same thing?" Zoey interrupted.

"Yea- Whatever," Ivan snapped, "The point is I heard yells of terror and stuff like that. Then i'm not sure but I think I saw John-"

"You saw John?" Irene repeated

"Yea- That's what I said," Ivan snapped again, "Look, can you just stop interrupting me?"

"Someone's not in a good mood," Jef mumbled earning a glare from Ivan.

"Now where was I?" Ivan went on, "So I saw John and then after that...I saw the parasite-"

"You saw the parasite?" Zoey exclaimed.

"What did I just say?" Ivan muttered.

"John and the parasite," Riley mumbled, "What do you think that means?"

Everyone froze and Jef said, "Are you guys thinking what i'm thinking?"

"John saw the Wyrm?" Zoey exclaimed.

"Er that's not what I meant," Jef replied, "What if John got infected?"

"Then we're running out of time," Abeke said grimly, "Zerif won't give up until he has all the Great Beasts under his control."

"But how many more compasses are we supposed to get before we finally find the talisman?" Irene asked.

"Maybe it has something to do with the dreams," Rollan mumbled and the Keepers looked at him in surprise, "Oh yeah, uh, we also dreamed the same dream as you guys."

"And so did Tasha, Kirat, and Sarah," Abeke added, "What if those who summoned Great Beasts had the same dreams?"

"Then we're all part of something big," Riley replied, "Maybe it has something to do with the prophecy."

"I have a question," Zoey asked, "What happened to those who lost their Great Beast partners?"

"Then they're with us right now," a different voice spoke and they saw Shane walking towards them, "With the Redcloaks."

Eilene's POV

They had been running for a long time until they were sure they were far away from John as possible. They stood their trying to catch their breaths again while Eilene looked back. She knew that the time will come when John will succumb to the Wyrm but she didn't want to believe it, didn't want to accept it.

"G-Guys," George stuttered, pointing up at something.

Everyone glanced to where George pointed and gasped. At the very top were roots and roots of the Evertree. And in the very middle, concealed in the roots was a huge black egg with a crack on its side. The same egg they saw in their dreams, the Wyrm.

"That is one... That is... That's so...," Zoron seemed to be lost for words.

As the others kept on staring, distracted, Eilene took the chance and slowly backed away. Then she ran again, not knowing where to go. She needed to think, needed time alone so she kept on running.

When she turned a corner, she slammed into something, or someone and fell back with a thud. She groaned and saw a young boy, almost the same age as her, on the ground as well. Then there was a roar and she looked up to see a huge ape running towards her. In a flash, Ursa appeared and roared at the gorilla. The gorilla skidded to a stop and stared at the bear with shocked eyes.

"Kovo, it's okay," the boy reassured the gorilla.

"Kovo?" Eilene echoed, looking at the gorilla.

He had red eyes and she knew that Kovo was the only one with red eyes. She looked at the boy and realized that the must be his partner. She remembered John mentioning Takoda, the boy who summoned Kovo.

"Uh yeah," Takoda said, a bit embarrassed, "I summoned Kovo the Ape."

She realized that she doesn't know her and he must've thought that she was from Sadre.

"Um, sorry for bumping into you," Takoda said, quickly getting up and offering his hand.

Eilene hesitated before taking his hand and he helped her up. They stood there awkwardly for a couple of seconds.

"So...i'm Takoda," Takoda introduced himself, breaking the silence, "What's your name?"

"I'm Eilene," she replied, anxious of what his reaction would be.

Eilene was known to be the traitor of the Ten Keepers. She had heard of people talk about how she betrayed the others.

"Eilene," he murmured, "Why have I heard of that name before? Anyways, what are you doing here?"

"I'm kinda lost," Eilene replied.

It wasn't exactly a lie since she didn't know where she ran off to.

"Well, want to come with me?" Takoda asked, "We're trying to destroy the Wyrm and we might be able to use your help. I'm sure my friend, Meilin, would like to have you join since two friends of ours got...lost."

She assumed that one of the friends was Conor and the other might've been their guide.

"I guess I could tag along," Eilene said.

Eilene followed Takoda silently as he led them to where their make-shift camp was. As she kept walking, she looked around as she saw ruins of buildings. People must've lived here to tend to the Evertree's roots but what had happened to them? When they turned a corner, Eilene spotted a young girl beside a giant panda.

"Hey Meilin," Takoda called to her and she started getting up and walking towards them, "This is Eilene. I found her when I was exploring."

Meilin suddenly froze when he said her name and her eyes filled with shocked.

"E-Eilene?" She exclaimed, looking at her, "As in, Eilene who's part of the Ten Keepers?"

That's when Takoda's eyes widened in realization.

Eilene took a deep breath, "Yes, that's me."

And they found Meilin and Takoda! Sadly, Conor is not there and so is Xanthe.

Please vote and leave a comment on what you guys think. Stay tuned for the next chapter!