school

A/n this whole flipping chapter peeves me and idk why but it's taken me forever to write and I seriously hate most of it but I couldn't figure out a different way of doing it so whatever.

And I really didn't care about titling this chapter.

********************

"Now remember Carter, don't get pissed and slam your locker and knock a wall down." Arianna muttered in an undertone. They were following an upperclassman ambassador on a tour of the school. The school day would officially start in half an hour, but because they were new they had to learn the campus.

"We all know you're going to be the one with that problem." Carter hissed back. Arianna promptly stomped on his foot, density increased of course, and smiled sweetly as she replied in a normal tone.

"It is impolite to whisper! Thought you of all people would know that Carter!" She grinned as he limped and muttered swear words. Their ambassador, a blonde girl with bright pink lips, cocked her head at them.

"Are you two siblings?" They shook their heads. She frowned and her head tilted a little more. "Freinds?"

"Uh...." Carter glanced at Arianna and she looked back frowning. He wanted to say yes but it would be exceptionally awkward if he said the opposite of her. He twitched his head to signal her to answer.

"I guess you could say that....." She shrugged in a thoughtful way. She guessed they were friends. Friends who insulted each other then turned around and saved each other's skin.

"Dating?" The blond prompted, a sly smile creeping onto her face.

" NO!" They exclaimed in unison, stepping away from each other. They did not wish to think about that. They looked one another over scathingly, as if wondering how anyone could like the other like that.

"Well I'm getting this vibe......." The ambassador said and smiled knowingly.

"We're in the same long term foster family." Arianna finally said. It was the cover story for why five new students had the same address and guardians.

"Yeah. There are five of us. Three underclassmen and 'Ianna and me." Carter supplied.

"Awwwww, nicknames! so adorable!" The girl grinned and then her head flopped the other way. Carter shuddered to think of the neck problems she'd have if she kept it limp all the time. "Who are your other foster family people? Is robo-chick one of them? The Dean warned us about her prosthetics."

"Aris is one." Arianna stressed her friend's name, knowing how uncomfortable Aris already was about going to a school. She didn't need a nickname being used behind her back. Their ambassador shrugged at the emphasis.

"Taron and Petra are the others." Carter finished.

"Ah. Exotic crowd I guess." The girl said somewhat at a loss for a reply. She was floundering for something more to say.

"You could say that." Arianna said cryptically, exchanging a look with Carter. As if that girl knew how exotic they were.

***

Half the schoolday had passed and it was lunch. The team had found each other and was sitting outside around a circular table with blue painted grate as the surface. Arianna and Carter were joining the school as juniors, Taron and Aris as softmores, and Petra as a freshman. They had identical school lunches of pizza, pears, disturbing green beans, chocolate milk and a slightly dried off-tasting, low-sugar, fat, and calorie cookie.

"So, how's everyone's day been going?" Taron asked through a bite of pears.

"Not bad. Carter is in most of my classes, and there are few empty desks besides the back so we sit next to each other and I've been.." Arianna started, but was interrupted by an outraged Carter.

"You spent most of your time whispering about royalty and manners! I thought I was imagining things!" He said it like it was a revelation of where to direct his fury. His glare turned on Arianna who was shaking with laughter. She raised her eyes to meet his, and started laughing even more. All four of them were watching her, and lost it when a dribble of milk came out of one nostril. It took a few minutes for them to stop laughing, then Taron looked expectantly at Petra.

"How about you?"

"It's been great! People are friendly here. Haven't you noticed that?" She said, gesturing to the campus around them.

"No. not really." Aris muttered. She had drawn her scarlet seatshirt's hood and was prodding a bit of pizza with her fork moodily. An uncomfortable silence settled on the table. Her faceplate replaced, Aris rather stood out. Part of the reason she had entered herowork was dificulty coping with the attention her implants attracted. "They stare, and when I look over they all flinch away. They're too shy to ask but bold enough to make up rumors like I can't hear them. I've been in a car accident, chemical plant, incident with serial killers, surgery gone wrong, I'm a lab expirement, the product of an unholy affair between a mad scientist and his toaster. The list goes on."

Taron put an arm around her in a one armed hug and she leaned against him. He rubbed her shoulder and eventually spoke. "They'll get used to you eventually...... I mean it is a little... unexpected at first...."

"Yeah.... I guess... " She acknowledged with a sigh. "I wish I wasn't in this to begin with. I requested online school, but noooo, I need to socialize or something. I have friends. You guys."

"Hey, if you ever need anyone beaten up, I'm certain we could arrange something....." Arianna said with a slight smile.

"If anyone is bothering you, get us. We'll teach them some manners." Carter said seriously.

"No. Carter will teach them manners." Arianna choked out and started giggling.

"Yeah because you were born in a barn."

"..........part of my house was a revamped stone shed. My mom had me at home." She said seriously.

"Oh......Well it does explain quite a bit..." Carter said struggling to suppress a grin. Arianna punched his arm in mock indignation.

*****

A/n sorry it's short

It's all crap and poorly written dialogue.

Suggestions for improvement would be great.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Feb 09, 2014 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

{insert clever title here}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें