kitten » s.r

Começar do início

Lux shakes her head and rubs her fingers through her locs. So much for redoing those tonight. She squeezes Sam's shoulder with a warm smile.

"Thank you, Sam. Get yourself into some dry clothes." she hums and disappears into the elevator.

-

"Well, Rogers. You really outdid yourself," Tony hummed behind the end of the pen on his lips.

The rollie chair skated to another table and fingers quickly entered in formulas and notes that could equate what was occurring.

The billionaire had never seen anything of the likes before. In theory, yes, but for it to actually happen. He was bamboozled, to say the least.

There was a bitter huff.

"Yeah, yeah, don't get your spangles in a twist. Your lovely girlfriend should be here at some point so-"

"Tony?" the elevator doors opened.

"Right on time, I suppose."

"Sam said that Steve was down here and I came to-" she froze. "Oh."

On the table was an orange tabby with the brightest blue eyes she had ever seen. Her own eyes met the hero as she pointed, "Is that-"

"Yep."

"Oh."

Lux tentatively stepped closer and the cat greeted her with a loud chorus of chatters. He bumped his head against her fingers while she scritched just under his fluffy ears and keened.

"You dumbass," she scoops him up to press a gentle kiss to his nose. "I expect this from Clint or something." she coos.

The tabby pawed at her cheeks and mewed softer, a pouty look becoming very evident on his face. Cute. Tony leaned against the back of his chair and hummed, "It's nothing I can fix. This is magic, not science—" he comments.

She only shrugged, "I figured. I'll go talk to Loki. I'm sure he can conjure up something... or something." she snorts to herself and cradles the tabby super soldier like a baby as she took the elevator up to the norse god's floor. 

"You're so lucky you're adorable like this, Steve. I was supposed to do my locs today!" she whines and boops his nose.

The cat huffed somewhat smugly and snuggled into the crevice of her arm and chest. With a free hand, she knocked on Loki's bedroom door and waited patiently. "Lokes? Need your help out here." she calls.

"Whatever it is, ask that buffoon of a scientist you call a hero." he answered from behind the door. And quite quickly too. Damn.

"Loki!" she drawls out. "Please? This is a magic thing, not a science thing. Tony already tried to fix it but it's not in his alley." she whines.

"No—"

"Please?" she huffs. "I'll even let you help me retwist my locs later."

She was met with silence. 

She shifted on her heels and raised her fist to knock again when the door flew open. "10 seconds." he mutters.

"Steve was turned into a cat!" she holds the orange super soldier under his arms and up to Loki's face who only suppressed a snort.

"That? The super soldier?" he covers his mouth as a string of laughter escaped. 

Steve frowned and swatted at the frost giant causing him to huff and bop his forehead in response. "Fine. I'll help, I suppose." he rolls his eyes and waves a hand in front of the cat.

"Hm.. give it a couple days to a few weeks. He'll snap out of it." he shrugs and shuts his door.

"Thank you!"

She hums, satisfied with her answer before heading back to their floor. Her fingers massaged the soft fur as she began to think. What did cats eat anyways? She was sure he wouldn't want cat food so she'd have to figure out how to feed him human food without accidently poisoning him.

Lux sat him down on the counter and rummaged through the cabinets. After an intensive google search and some confusion later, she found something edible and not poisonous to the cat and smiled, "This should work."

On the plate was some salmon, chopped up pieces of cantaloupe, some cubed cheese and a few blueberries. She filled another bowl with water and pulled Steve onto the counter. "You'll be eating this for a hot minute, babes. Just until you either turn back or I find you alternative foods." she laughs, rubbing his head.

"Bone apple teeth, kitten."

-

Living with a cat who was also a super soldier was interesting to say the least. Of course he was still somewhat himself but it wasn't like he could do much of anything because he had no opposable thumbs.

Though, that's not as bad as using a temporary litter box because someone tried using a regular toilet and almost slipped in.

Not fun.

The purring was nice, though. The orange tabby would snuggle into the space between her shoulder and neck and purr til his little heart's content. That would probably be the one thing she'd miss about cat Steve.

Speaking of—

"Hey, Steve?" called the girl as she pulled a hoodie on. "Where'd you run off too?"

Lux had finally gotten around to washing her locs and moisturizing them until she could have him to retwist them into most likely a protectice style. Steve was in bed when she disappeared into the bathroom but he was gone by the time she left.

"Stevie," she sings. "Where'd you go, bubs?" she shuffles around the floor to look in his hiding spots.

He usually didn't just vanish like that and didn't bother being too far from her. Lux furrowed her eyebrows and hummed, stopping in the living room to think where he could've gone.

Suddenly, hands wrapped around her waist and her soul ejected from her body. "What the fuck-" she didn't hesitate to flip over the body connected to the hands.

"Ow! Fuck-" gasped the man, arching when his back hit the ground.

Her eyes widened, "Steve?"

"Yeah-" he groaned weakly, trying to sit up.

"What the hell!" she huffed and hugged him tightly.

The blonde grinned into her shoulder and hugged her back just as tight, "I missed doing this.." he mumbles.

"So did I, although I did like knowing I could just snatch you up and carry you around. It was nice payback."

He snorts, "Payback? For what-"

"You know damn well what I'm talking about, Rogers." she pulled back to look into his eyes and paused, "Ah, fuck."

"What?" he tilts his head as the ears upon it twitched about.

"Welp," she sighs. "Back to Tony's lab, I guess. Come on you silly cat." she pulls him on his feet and drags him along with a soft chuckle.

-

-

-

"At least you'll be able to help me with my hair," she looks up at him and laughs as the elevator doors close.