Chapter 2

Red sirens were blaring and everyone looked panicked. The news anchor had a grim expression on her face and in her tone of voice. She was speaking very quickly trying to give the information out as fast as possible. She was interrupted by a scream and the camera cut back to the people in the office. 

Everyone in the restaurant was crowding around the TV making lots of noises and I only caught one word. Hide. I didn't exactly know what was going on and looked at Josh for any answers. He simply shrugged his shoulders and turned back to order. We got the food and started heading back in our car. "Listen" Josh said with the same grim tone as the news reporter. "Did you hear what the TV said?" I shook my head "Alright then, I'll explain. Some scientists were testing drugs, and you know how that can go wrong. Anyways, they tested on a person and they changed, turned different, started infecting others." His voice trailed off and he started mumbling.

I couldn't make sense of anything else. We got to our dorm and he instantly took out a suitcase from under his bed. He opened his suitcase with a map, blood bag, med kit, and 2 desert eagles filled with ammunition. "Take the machete from the wall" Josh whispered with urgency. "But I thought it was fra-" "Just do it." I was still confused on what was going on. I slowly trudged towards the weapon on the wall with the 'FRAGILE: DO NOT TOUCH' Sign. As I was bringing it back, 3 slow pounds were heard from the door.

 I backed up and looked at Josh. His eyes were darting around the room trying to find something. He soon gave up and looked at my shaking hands. He had a troubling look and mouthed the words 'Machete. Here. Now.' I rushed towards him fumbling with the weapon along the way. I ran a little fast and dropped the machete, making a soft thud on the carpet floor. Josh's face turned pale and turned quickly to the door. It occurred to me that the doors were slowly coming off its hinges. The door fell with a crack. A sickly figure slowly walked in. "Hey dude," I whispered to Josh. "I think he needs a med kit. He doesn't look right." He looked at me in confusion and ran for the machete. He swung left and right at the figure, making it go limp. "You killed an innocent sick man!" I yelled. He responded with a tone of fear "Dude that wasn't a human." I was confused about that statement, so I let him continue. "That was a zombie."