My beautiful Doctor.

"R..Ro..Rose, i..is that you", His voice trembling as he spoke.

"urm.. Yeah I'm so sorry I shouldn't be here... I just saw the TARDIS whilst I was travelling and.. and it looked so beautiful in the moonlight...”.

"She is beautiful isn't she?”, he interrupted with such enthusiasm, she longed to see the spark in his eyes when he said that.

“The most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen, but Doctor I’ll leave I don’t want to bother you, you’ve got them new friends now what were their names Amy? Rory?”.

“NO! I mean no don’t go, just not yet, please, at least let me look at you”.

Hesitating at first she stood up from the floor she had been sitting on for the last few minutes then cautiously moved the chair aside, this would probably be one of the hardest things she’d ever done, to walk among the past is a dangerous game. She seemed to just stare at the door now, the only thing that was protecting her from this dangerous game, but Rose was never the one to play by the rules and she opened it just like that. And she crashed right into the biggest hug she’s ever received just like that.

“er.. Doctor you’re kind of hurting me”, she squeaked.

Once he had finally finished hugging the living daylight out of her he let go but continued to watch her with such glee on his face, his smile Rose noticed was so beautiful, it was completely different to his last two regenerations. She could have mistaken him for a happy man if it wasn’t for his ancient eyes, full of loneliness and such shame from the things he had done.

“I missed you so much”, he said but obviously regretting saying it afterwards as he turned away blushing.

“You’ve regenerated! you look so different, still not ginger mind”.

The Doctor laughed, god she loved his laugh already, it sounded like a nine year old in a sweet shop.

“So where’s the other Doctor you know the one with one heart?”, he asked curiously.

She never expected in her wildest dreams he would ask that so early in the conversation but the question stabbed her straight in the heart like a knife, you see things don’t always end up happily ever after no matter how hard you try.

“It’s kind of a long story..”, She choked.

“We’re in a time machine, there are no long stories”, His eyes full of sympathy as if he knew what was to come.

“Could we at least go somewhere a little warmer it’s freezing in here”.

“How about the drawing room I find the fireplace strangely comforting and I can show you my collection of fezzes afterwards”, He said with a reassuring smile.

“Bow-ties? Fezzes? What next eye patches?".

“OI watch it, bow-ties, fezzes, COOL”, he said with a boyish gleam as he lead the way down the corridor

“Whatever fashionista”, following close behind.