A New Friend, Old Friends, and Stupid Feelings

Começar do início

I kinda sorta got past that during our world tours. But I’m still awkward and introverted as always.

“Well, we’re gonna be with each other for the rest of the year so why not?” I told her.

She shrugged and nodded. “I guess you make a point. Just let me get changed then.”

I flopped back down on my bed and waited as she disappeared into the bathroom.

“Alright, ready.” She said as she walked out a couple minutes later. Her hair was no longer in a messy bun and she was wearing jeans and a white v-neck.

“So, I think their dorm was 56B.” I told her as we walked to the boy’s side of Newport.

We walked through the boy’s dormitories ignoring any dumb catcalls and wolf whistles we received. I rolled my eyes and most of their immaturity. I’m just glad not all boys are like that.

I knocked on the door to what I believed to be Anthony and Eric’s room.

“What do you want Justin?” I heard as the door opened to a half-naked Anthony with only a towel wrapped around his waist.

“Lauren? Oh s***.” Anthony exclaimed as he slammed the door in my face.

I stood there for a minute or so without even bothering to knock, knowing that Anthony would open up any minute. It totally reminded me of the one time I surprised him at his house. It was like almost the same reaction.

“Sorry about that Laur.” A completely clothed Anthony said as he opened up the door shyly.

“Language much?” I told him, tapping my foot.

“Sorry hun.” He said as he patted my head. I chuckled.

“So, we came by,” I said motioning to Kate who was hidden behind me the whole time. “to ask if you and Eric wanted to hang out. It seems like you two know a bit more about the campus than we do.”

“Yeah, of course. Though, I don’t know where Eric went off to. I’ll give him a call and he could meet with us later.”

"That's fine." I told him.

"Oh yeah, Andy, this is Kate. And Kate, this is Anthony."

“Nice to meet you.” Anthony said holding his hand out for Kate to shake.

“How do you two know each other?” Anthony asked.

“We just met. Kate’s my roommate.” I answered.

"You don't have a bad looking roommate Laur." Anthony said leaning in and whispering so that Kate couldn't hear him.

I had a feeling Kate heard though because her cheeks were tinted with a slight rosy red.

We spent 45 minutes or so just walking around the campus, Anthony giving us a small tour along the way.

"Eric should be meeting us for lunch soon." Anthony told us, putting his phone back in his pocket. 

Anthony had recommended that we should settle at "The Bistro" claiming that it's the best restaurant on campus. I was a bit skeptical though, remembering that Anthony's a health nut.

And that's something I'm definitely not.

"Are you gonna be a fatty again Laur?" Anthony said teasingly, probably remembering our younger years and when we would go on random "dates."

I punched him just like my younger self would have.

"Still violent as ever I see." Anthony said with his famous smirk.

"Only with you hun." I told him smugly, patting him on the head.

By the time we were done arguing over how much of a fatty I was, Eric had arrived.

"So who's your friend Laur?" Eric asked me. "I don't believe I got a proper introduction."

"This is Kate." I said, knowing that Kate would be too shy to introduce herself.

"It's always nice to meet a pretty girl." Eric said shaking the hand that Kate offered.

Kate blushed a bright red before looking away shyly.

"It was nice meeting you Kate. And hanging out with you like old times Laur." Anthony said as he and Eric walked us back to our dorm.

Eric opened up the door for the both of us, being the gentleman that he is.

"We'll see the both of you tomorrow I guess?" Eric asked as he motioned us to go in.

"Yeah, of course." I answered for the both of us.

"Bye Laur." Eric acknowledged me before turning to Kate. "It was nice meeting you Kate." Eric said before winking at her.

Kate turned away embarrassed just like any girl would if they were getting hit on. I nudged her and smiled before Eric closed the door.

Thinking about how Anthony and Eric thought Kate was really pretty, gave me a really weird feeling in my stomach. I wasn’t really sure if it was jealousy or relief that Eric and Anthony were interested in Kate. If it was jealousy, that means I still had feelings for one of them and I wasn't sure who. And then there's relief that I wouldn't have to deal with all the awkwardness that I thought I left behind when I was 15. I just didn't know which one it was. It was a bit blurred. 

These are just dumb 15 year old feelings I really shouldn't be having at 19. 

(A/N: So here you go! Chapter 1 of Second Chances. Sort of a filler chapter just to introduce Kate and reintroduce the guys but I hope you enjoyed and don’t forget to leave a comment on what you want to happen next. Thank you guys for your support! :))