Chapter 6: ...That's it I am escaping...

The group stood there as I felt frozen in time as I thought of ways to calm this down from my stand point. I am a councilor I should be able to handle this and yeah I have only been doing it for a few years I should. Despite how much I hate it, despite how much I am constantly fought at the meetings and now some of the populous is fighting me now despite...Then suddenly my mouth opened, "...do you want me to make it worse for you..." I said as I smirked I didn't know where or why I was saying this as I stared into the leader's eyes. "...you want me to make the noble even more level with the peasantry? Do you want me to slowly erode your higher standing? Hm?! I may not as one person but I got my ways of doing it..." I said threateningly as the woman stepped back some taken aback by my tone and the words I was using. "N-no...we are just fed...up with how you are allowing more access for the peasants and then ...marriage..." It was like her words were beginning to fail her and her body language had induced that she had began to falter and lose her drive. 

My smirk turned vicious as I took a step close to her and almost instinctively the group made a large bubble around me moving back some when I took a step forward with my *Mute holding my hand following me. She even backed up my words, "yeah...she has ways you know...and I wouldn't want to be you when you have to deal with it...sure you can do things...but realize that you are out in space and any damage you do will only hurt yourself in the long run..." My *Mute said as the woman just went silent as I could feel the ship's *Mute staring down at us silently observing even my relative was standing there just watching us as I glanced back a second though couldn't tell of her expression of either awe or disgust. "...So you have two options here...either allow what I have put into action or risk losing your status even more than you assume you have lost." I said as an ultimatum as the woman turned to her group. 

I stopped moving just staring at them with a rock hard glare as they finished deliberating the woman turned to me. "...F-fine...Councilor Reachel....but remember this! The nobles aren't happy with you! In fact you have made more enemies than you realize by doing this! Just you wait you are going to have more trouble on your hands even if we disband you will have more problems overall! Good night Councilor..." The woman said throwing back her own threat but this time she had the drive she had not too long ago despite surrendering and making her group disband her eyes remained on mine and her words hung hard on me. She was right: the nobles of the ship that didn't support me would now make sure that I had a lot of trouble doing what I wanted to do. So in words I just made more hell for myself for basically threatening a section of the nobility. Though despite all of this my *Mute stood there holding my hand tightly as the woman before she turned sneered at me when she noticed we were holding hands. 

This ship had a pretty progressive society but there were some older peasants and nobles that believed what I was doing was spitting on something sacred. It didn't bother me but it obviously labelled me as an enemy to them and there was a good section of this ship that was like that. Change is a dangerous thing for anybody trying to push for it as I began to realize. I never really payed much attention to it when I flew around in my ship. There wasn't cities or people that I could bump into ...that I actually really knew or lived by it was just me in my ship flying around doing things for certain clients. After living in this ship for X amount of years I am starting to realize that living with such a large amount of people brings challenges that really hit me to the core. I was beginning to sink into my usual self contemplation when Seo-yeon gripped my hand looking at me. "Reachel...snap out of it...everybody is gone now...", She said back in her little act as I sighed noticing that *Mute was before us I didn't realize that we were standing in front of a screen but she made sure we were. I noticed she was about to snap her fingers I assumed it was to snap me out of my thoughts. 

"Yes Councilor?" I asked her flatly as I stood there with Seo-yeon looking up at the screen as she looked down at me. "Threatening the nobles....wait...no, like, meet me back at your house..." She said obviously there was a lot of anger in her voice as she blinked off the screen. I looked at Seo-yeon then she looked back at me as I again couldn't stop it but I sighed some more tired of this day and wanted it to end as I made my way off the plaza floor heading to my home. It was a long walk but with 'Seo-yeon' or my *Mute it made the walk easier with her near by to comfort me as we talked about random things that didn't pertain to the little talk I was about to have with the Councilor of Security. I slowly passed into the home as I headed to my bedroom ignoring my family as they were literally ready to jump me for what they probably already heard from other people as I made my way down the hallway toward my bedroom.