Fading into Darkness

Belle's p.o.v

I am alone, the room is dark and cold and I am completely and utterly alone.  I stretch then stare down onto the street below and watch as people hurry by, umbrella's protecting them from the rain.  Bleak and boring, every single one of them.  I don't think I've ever felt so alone, everything is just grey and cold.  John's with Sarah, he's been staying there ever since I came back from the graveyard that night and threatened him with Dad's old gun, I threatened John, one of the only people left in this world who understands me.  I closed my eyes and sighed, I need to get out, I need to go somewhere, I need a case.  But no, Lestrade say's I'm too young, well maybe I'll go behind his back like Dad does, like he used to do.  The school called a couple of days ago, asking where I was and I diverted the call to John who apparently said I was unwell, he probably said mentally unwell.  For a second I saw the Christmas party we had during the case of Irene Adler, I'd been sitting next to Dad watching as he concentrated on the screen.  The colours and laughter faded again and I was back in the present day.  I heard somebody climb up the stairs, a man around six foot three but knows this place, Charles.  I heard a quiet knock on the door.

"Come in," I said once again glancing down at the street watching as his cab drove away.  The door opened and within seconds I was being hugged.  I struggled out of his grasp turning around to see his confused face,

"Charles, I can't, I'm not stable at the moment," I said watching as his face softened at my words.

"Surely I can help?" he said cradeling my cheek.  I sighed.

"No one can help me," I blinked quickly not wanting to see the scene behind my eyelids.  I was pulled into yet another hug, this time I hugged back trying to gather some warmth.  We stayed like that for a couple of minutes before I lifted my head and kissed him.  I felt warm and cold at the same time, my mind was a whirlwind.  He instantly responded kissing back, his hand slid up my back and neck finally cradling my head.  I closed my eyes, which was a massive mistake.  Flashes of his dead body filled my mind, his eyes a dead blue.  I shot backwards, stumbling into the coffee table sending papers and mugs flying.  My eyes were wide open and all I saw was Charles' worried face.

"Are you okay?" He said slowly taking a step towards me.  I shook my head.

"I can't close my eyes without seeing him," I said, trying to gulp back the lump in my throat.

"Belle please, what can I do to help?" His words made me snap.  I fell to my knee's sobbing uncontrollably, my eyes closed to their own accord and a picture of Dad grinning at me flashed behind my eyelids but quickly changed to his falling body then the paramedics rolling his broken corpse over.  Something touched my shoulder and I lashed out striking it and I heard and thud next to me.  I opened my eyes and stared at the shocked looking Charles.

"Belle-" I cut him off.

"Get out," he shook his head.

"I want to help you-"

"Get out,"

"Please!"

"I said get out!" I shouted.  I watched as he got up and walked out leaving me alone on the floor.  I gulped then shook my head, Well that didn't go well...  I got to my feet, shivering in the cold before heading up to my room to change.

John's p.o.v

I handed the cashier the money before grabbing the newspaper off the till then headed back out into the bustling street.  My eyes flickered briefly across the newspaper headline and my blood ran cold. 'Ghost of Sherlock Holmes spotted!' It read.  I quickly found myself a bench and sat down before unfolding the newspaper and started to read.  What I read made me laugh, some teen had claimed that they had saw him running down a backstreet near Whitechapel.  It was most probably Belle I thought to myself.  I got up leaving the newspaper on the bench before heading back to Sarah's.

Belle's p.o.v

I watched as John left before running up to the bench and grabbing the newspaper. quickly scanning over the articles contents.  The sighting took place yesterday and I stayed in the flat that day so someone is either posing as my Dad or... I shook my head the other option was impossible.  I grabbed the newspaper then ran after John.  

Sarah handed me my cup of tea before sitting down next to John.

"So you think that he may of faked his death?" She asked giving me a worried glance.  I nodded sipping at my tea before placing it back down on the coffee table.

"And how exactly did you come to this assumption?" John asked raising an eyebrow.  I leaned back into my chair.

"Well as you know I'm the only one besides him who can pass as him without having any sort of surgery and I'm pretty sure no one would go to that length just to scare people.  Also I wasn't In Whitechapel at all yesterday and that is how I have come to the conclusion that he faked his death."  

John gave Sarah a look and she nodded to him.

"Belle, I want you to listen to what I am about to say because this will help you.  John has got in touch with his old therapist and has booked you an appointment with her and would be very grateful if you went along-"

I glared at John.  "You think I'm crazy don't you?"

He raised his hands slightly in a mock of surrender.  "Belle I don't think you're crazy, I'm just saying that you may need some help-" I cut him off.

"So baisically you're calling me crazy," yet again he shook his head.  I sighed then got up.

"Thank you for the tea Sarah but I must get going, I'm very busy, lot's to do-"

"Belle-"

"Laters!" I walked out of the flat holding back the tears.  Even he's calling me crazy.  I made my way down the steps then back out into the street before taking my phone out of my pocket.  I dialled a number that hasn't been dialled in three years.  It went to answer phone.

"Hi Dad, it's me, Belle.  I was just calling to ask how you were doing on your holiday.  I can't wait for you to get back-"  my voice cracked.

"Um I just wanted to say how much I miss you, John wants to send me to see his therapist after I came up with the assumption that you faked your death.  I really miss you Dad, please when you get this call back.  I love you."  I ended the call and felt a tear roll down my cheek.  I wiped my eyes before placing my phone back into my pocket and heading back home.

Sherlock's p.o.v

"-I love you." The message ended and I closed my eyes.  What have I done? I opened my eyes before loading my gun.  Only a couple left to kill, then I can go back to her.   Back to my Belle.