14; Not Much of a Choice

Caitlyn's POV

Walking down stairs with Stefan when he all of a sudden sped off. Running though the the living room, I saw Damon on the floor with Stefan on top of him.

"Get off of me." Damon groaned.

Stefan picked Damon up and slammed him into the wall next to me. "You're not doing this."

"Just did." Damon said in his normal arrogant tone. Stefan sped down the hall and slammed Damon into another wall. "You know what happened to Rose, Stefan."

"I don't care." Stefan said as he speed down to the basement.

Running down there myself I saw Stefan looking in to the Cell like room. "You're not dying today." He said locking the door.

"What's the plan, superman?"

"I'm gonna find a way out of this."

"Oh right, a miracle cure. Good luck with that one."

"I got Bonnie looking for something, anything."

"Alway a hero Stefan. Just tell me good-bye and get it over with." Just the Damon started to cough, and I don't mean a 'I've got a cold' cough, I mean 'I probably have a throat infection and a chest infection and most likely bronchitis, I'm going to die' kinda cough.

"Lie still. Conserve your strength." Stefan said and the turned to me, "Come on Cait lets go." He said walking over to me and placing his arm around my shoulder.

§

"I'm not sure this going to work." Bonnie said lighting a candle.

"You've done a séance before, right, contacted Emily Bennett." Stefan said.

"Yeah that was creepy as hell." I said joining the conversation.

"Maybe one of the witches might know how to help Damon." Stefan continued after rolling his eyes at me.

"Let's just hope they want to." Bonnie said as the three of us stood up.

Bonnie started to chant in latin doing her witchy thing. The flames on the candles grew causing me to jump slightly.

"Bonnie." Stefan said once she stopped chanting.

She stood there with her eyes closed not doing anything, "Bonnie." I said trying to get her attention.

Her eyes opened, "Emily" was all she said to the two of us.

"Why have you come here Stefan?" She asked, except it wasn't Bonnie's voice.

"I need your help." He said. "I need to know if theres a spell that can heal a werewolf bite."

"No. Nature ensures a balance to everything."

"Is that true... or are you just saying that because it's Damon?"

"Perhaps it is his time to die."

"No. Thats not balance. Thats punishment."

"Hm, I will not give you what you want."

"So you're saying that there's an answer to give? Please if you know something, just tell me. Help me save my brother."

All of a sudden Bonnie grabbed hold of her head and screamed falling on the floor.

"Bonnie!" I said reaching out to grab her along with Stefan.

"They don't want us here. They think I'm abusing their power." She said still holding onto her head.

"They know something. There's an answer. They just don't want to tell me."

"Yeah, I heard them say a name."

"What was it?" I asked.

"Klaus."

§

After Stefan went to visit Elena we made our way to Alaric's place, where Katherine is. Walking in Katherine was sat on the bed.

"Hello Katherine." Stefan greeted.

"Two days I've been waiting. I'm supposed to be free of Klaus' compulsion by now. He's supposed to be dead." Katherine said in an annoyed tone.

"We ran into complications." Stefan said to her.

"Complications?"

"Doesn't really matter I just need to find him. Do you have any idea where he might be?"

Katherine grabbed the two of us, slamming us into a wall telling us to shh. The door opened and she spoke.

"Klaus, you're back." Still holding on to us she walked around the corner. "Look who decided to come for a visit."

"Actually I didn't have much of a choice in this." I said causing Stefan to glare at me.

"You just keep popping up, don't you? And you, you should be dead." Klaus said.

"Again, I didn't actually have much of a choice in that either." I said smiling at him. That when I noticed Elijah behind Klaus.

"I need your help. For my brother." Stefan said whilst Elijah and I were starting at each other.

"Well, whatever it is, he's gonna have to wait a tick. You see, I have an obligation to my brother that requires my immediate attention." Klaus said walking past the three of us.

"You understand how important family is, or you wouldn't be here. My brother gave me his word that he would reunite me with my own." Elijah said not taking his eyes off of me the entire time.

"And so I shall." Klaus said.

Elijah turned around and Klaus stabbed him in the heart with a dagger. For a moment everything around me stopped. I felt as it did when I found out my parents were dead. My eyes welled up as I went to run towards him, my voice cracking as I screamed no. Stefan grabbed hold of me from around the waist, stopping me from reaching Elijah. I thrashed around trying to get out of Stefan's grip. That's when a pain went shooting down my neck and I passed out.

§

I woke up god know's what time. I was in the Salvatore boarding house, that much I knew.

"Aha, sleeping beauty is awake." Damon said lifting my legs up, sitting down and placing my legs on his lap.

"What happened?" I asked, my head still hurting.

"Someone snapped your neck is what happened. Oh and Katherine brought you here." Damon said.

"I remember now. Klaus killed Elijah and Stefan snapped my neck." I said looking at Damon.

"And Stefan has now ran off with Klaus." Damon said.

"Oh just wondering do you have beef with a dead witch called Emily?" I asked remembering what happened at the abandoned house.

"Shut up."

WORD COUNT: 1024

A/N

This has taken way too long to write. Please don't hate me omg. I will try to update soon but that probably wont happen.