23 --- coffee shop ( d. malfoy )

You weren't paid enough for all the shit you had to put up with every day

You weren't paid enough for all the shit you had to put up with every day. Too many times did a customer scream their head off because you have them a chocolate scone instead of a blueberry one, or their coffee didn't taste exactly perfect (which is why the shop had milk and sugar out for people to add themselves). Plus, there was the unfortunate side effect of getting hit on by old men. It took a lot of effort to keep calm in the face of annoying customers.

But there were a lot of really interesting people that ended up in the café. There was the one woman who was dressed in cosplay for the local comicon, and she had been in character the whole time. And another boy had been so kind, smiling and saying hello to everyone around him. And then there was the young man in line right then.

He had platinum hair that almost looked silver. He was handsome, but there wasn't anything really spectacular about him. But the aura surrounding him was almost pulling your attention to him. As soon as he was in front of you, you smiled brightly and said, "Hello! What can I get for you today?"

He sort of stared at the menu, then at your face, then back up at the menu. "Uh, I don't really know what all these things are. The muggles really have lost their minds, eh?"

You couldn't quite hear his last sentence. "What was that?"

But he only shook his head at frowned at the menu. "What's the, uh, best drink on the menu?"

A woman behind the handsome-ish guy huffed angrily, obnoxiously tapping her foot. You pretended she didn't existed and peered at the menu.

"Well, our French Roast is pretty good, but if you like a little sugar then the frappuccinos are my favorite. We also have really yummy bakery items if you want." The guy was cute, but he also looked like he had money, so why not get him to buy a little more?

He pondered your words thoughtfully for a second then said, "Okay, I'll get a medium. . .Mocha frappuccino. And a slice coffee cake, please."

You punched in his order with a smile. "That'll be $6.62."

He handed you a ten and you gave him his change and his receipt. The lady behind him huffed and pushed the guy to the side. But you asked for his name quickly. "I need a name for the order, sorry."

          "Draco. D-R-A-C-O." He gave you a small smile before the lady placed her face directly in front of your line of vision.

          You sighed silently and smiled at her, "Hi, how can I help you?"

          The lady glared and you then back at the man, who was standing on the opposite side, waiting for his order. "This is ridiculous. Don't expect a tip from me. This is supposed to be fast service."

          "Okay, ma'am, what can I get for you?" You were exasperated, and you didn't really care if it was noticable. Before she could speak, however, you heard the jingle of coins in your tip jar. The mystery man, Draco, smiled up at you as he dumped all his change and some into the jar. Another barista called his name, so he left to collect his order without a word.

          She snapped her fingers in your face to catch your attention. "I want a large black coffee, no milk and no sugar. And a sour cream donut."

          After you sorted out her order and she finally left, the rest of the day passed much quicker. You were so busy that you didn't even notice how Draco was sitting by the window the entire time. He was on a laptop, and you couldn't help but notice how upset he looked. Your coworkers kept whispering about him, but you didn't feel like engaging with them.

          "What about you, (y/n)? Hot or not?" One of them asked, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively. You laughed and knocked your shoulder into his.

          You thought about the question. You looked back at Draco. His back was tensed up, like he was waiting for something. "Eh, he's cute but in a scrawny kind of way. Like that one guy. What's his name...oh, Timothée Chalamet?"

          They both laughed, and that was the end of it. You checked the clock and pumped your fist in relief. You grabbed the broom and started sweeping behind the counter.

          The store was empty, except for Draco. You frowned a little and started sweeping the floor, wiping down tables, and flipping chairs on top of each table. Eventually, his table was the last one you needed to clean, so you walked over as quick as possible while still looking calm.

          "Hey! I don't mean to disturb, but we're closing in a few minutes." It was simple enough, but you were used to customers flipping out for no reason. But the young man only smiled and shut his laptop.

          "Sorry about that, I'll head out now. I just like to get out of the house, y'know?" He said all this while collecting his things.

          You smiled and started wiping down the table. "Don't worry, we'll be open tomorrow at 8, bright and early."

          He rubs a hand against the back of his neck and says, "Well, only if you'll be there. Then sure."

          You laugh and turn for a second to sweep a small section of the floor. "And maybe I can get to know you outside of work." You didn't hear a reply, so you look back at where he was standing. But he was nowhere to be seen. You hadn't even heard the door's jingle. Weird.

          You kind of wish you had a definite answer on whether he was coming, as well as if he would actually want to do something outside of the café. You noticed his trash on the table and roll your eyes. He could have taken his garbage with him. When you go to pick up the napkins, you see writing scrawled onto the one on top.

          Maybe we could meet up sometime? If you're into the cute and scrawny type. (XXX)XXX-XXXX

          You smile down at the note and slip it into your pocket. So maybe you would see this Draco guy after all. You flip the rest of the chairs over and look around for the broom. It was on the ground a few feet away. You lift your hand and the broom comes flying to you. You move your finger back and forth, allowing the broom to sweep the floor while you dance to some music, thinking about the countless possibilities that tomorrow held.