Racing Misconception... I Think?

Começar do início

As I quickly passed, I swear I saw him give me an evil grin, but I shook it off and pretended it never happened. Concentrate Briella!

I drove faster.

Besides, he would really have to kick it up a notch to even tail behind me!

I drove faster.

I told him he couldn't compete in my league!

Like I said...

Terror was made for this kind of buisness! I smirked at my own thought.

I drove faster.

***

Almost there.

But... then again, I did feel bad for Blake that I was rubbing my almost victory into his face. I mean, he's was a cool guy! He even had the guts to embarrass himself for me.

He's got balls....

Great, now I feel like a jerk. -.-

I sighed in defeat, and I decided to make a plan.

My plan was simple. I was going to slow Terror down just enough for him to at least trail close behind me so he catches up.

Then as we cross the "finish line" we could "unexpectedly" tie. Then when we tie, I won't feel as bad, and the guilt will completely wash away!

I'm such a compassionate genius! ^°^

Following through with my devious plan, I shifted the pedal with my foot to a certain gear, gear 6, and Terror rolled on NEUTRAL down the low slope we were riding on.

***

A few moments later of slowing down, I saw a familiar red pick up truck come over the asphalted road many yards from me. Blake.

I switched the pedal into 3rd gear, to speed up back to NORMAL pace.

*CLICKITY CLACK CLACK*

The hell???

My eyes widened with fright.

All of a sudden, Terror began to jiggle uncontrollablely, and the clank of her bolts and metal gears loosened every passing second. She clanked, and wobbled some more.

It made my heart race to unnatural rate to experience something as scary as this.

I'm going 70 on the road currently, and experiencing this kind of a crisis is not good!

I'm going to get hurt. Bad!

I began to swerve between lanes uncontrollably, even though I'm attempting to control the bikes handlebars. My one thought processed through this was:

'Holy Shit, I'm going to crash!'

I let out a loud yelp, and nailed the brakes, and clutch rather savagely, sending Terror to lean forward into a front wheelie. Her tires started to scream in an earsplitting tone from the sudden use of breakage being forced down upon her, and it was probrably heard throughout London's hearing range.

"Shit" I cursed once Terror came to a complete stop. I punched her modified seat in anger.

Then I inhaled a rather deep breath to cool down.

'What the hell just happened' I asked myself in sheer disbelief.

I pulled at my long brunette hair in anger, and utter frustration. I was so pissed that the little "episode" that had occured, just actually happened.