Please don't cut vertically

Start from the beginning

The door swung open to reveal Violet and Tate. I sighed.

"Maya," Violet breathed, eyes wide; "What are you...?"

"What am I doing here? Y'know just waiting to stitch you up..."

After some hesitation, Violet responded; "Oh yeah, Maya this is-"

"Tate, yeah... Got that," I said as I glanced at the Westfield High Shooter.

I jerked my head towards the bed and Violet sat down and Tate stood awkwardly while I cleaned up her cuts, wrapping a bandage tightly around her wrist.

"Erm... thanks," Violet muttered as I packed the spare bandages away.

I only nodded in response before-

"Maya!"

"Yeah?"

"Chad's here!"

I beamed, throwing the first aid kit back into one of the boxes.

"Tell him I'm-"

"Coming?" I smirked at Chad's voice coming from the other side of the door, and I swung it open before he dragged me down the corridor towards my room while we laughed.

Part of me felt bad for acting like a total bitch. I was usually nice to everyone. But he murdered people. Countless people. And he just told my sister exactly how to kill herself... 

Tate's POV

STUPID!

God I should've known she'd hear me say that! I just told her sister how to kill herself, and now I was watching on awkwardly as Maya easily bandaged Violet's thankfully shallow and horizontal cuts.

I could feel the rage oozing off Maya. It was something I'd never felt from her before. Not even around her Dad... and her Dad cheated on her Mom with a girl only a few years older than Maya! She was one of the most accepting people in the world, and I'd managed to make her hate me... already.

Damn, I thought it'd at least take a week!

Guilt boiled inside me as I watched the stiff exchange between the two sisters... I'd done that... Oops.

But that guilt was soon replaced by rage when Chad dragged her off. He always sticks his nose in everything! Everywhere it's not wanted! 

"Hey?" my attention turned back to Violet, which was probably a good thing as I could almost feel my muscles itching to lean back and watch Maya dance through the corridor.

"Hm?" I asked, raising my eyebrows and trying to put a small smile on my face.

"So you like Nirvana?" she grinned.

Maya's POV

Despite the fact we had a very long conversation about ghosts, Chad and I actually had some interior design talk too. He had some great ideas I never thought of before; stuff he said he wanted to work on before his murder. But the weekend was coming up soon, and that meant exploring! 

Chad said I'd probably meet Moira within the week. He also said at the weekend, he'd introduce me to Patrick and Nora. I also mentioned I might go and meet Beau. He told me that there wasn't anything wrong with Beau... in fact the kid had a heart of gold and just wanted someone to play with- it was his facial disfiguration that made him seem scary... when in reality it was only the shallow minded who would actually think this boy posed any real threat.

"I might pop up and see him after dinner," I mused, and Chad nodded, smiling.

I hadn't noticed my smile had fallen until his did the same, and he reached to grab my hand.