But I'm Not Alone Chapter FIve

AN: ta dah new upload ive just started 6th form so i havent had a chance to finish chapter 7 of this but i can still upload until then also my laptop is acting up so im having diffuculty actually typing co for some reason ill get half way through a sentence and itll decide to delete it. also its only 11 days till ASHESTOANGELS and UGLY LOVE *happy dances* Anyway ill stop complaining so Let me know what you think enjoy Wooly xx

Alice

I slipped out of the bed and made my way into the hallway. After Luke had returned he’d told me I wasn’t to leave the bed unless he knew where I was. I felt kind of pissed off at that but I understood he was worried about me, what I couldn’t understand was why? I mean I was just some girl he’d found asleep in a pub less than twenty-four hours ago, so why was he so worried about me? Well no matter what Luke said I was desperately in need of the bathroom. I opened the door and stepped out. I guessed since the kitchen and living room were one way I’d try the other. I peered down towards where I could hear talking from the kitchen. Nobody appeared. I breathed a sigh of relief and closed my eyes as I turned. I started to walk when my face met something hard and warm. Slowly I looked up. A tall man with black hair that I recognised from the pictures on Luke’s bedside table was stood there. I started to feel dizzy again and felt my body sway slightly. The man gripped my arms gently and steadied me. “Hi I’m Laurence” He told me whilst grinning down at me. “Alice” I told him quietly. I was never good with new people, in fact I wasn’t good with people in general. “Nice to meet you Alice” he removed his hands from me and I felt my body sway into the wall. “Woah, you alright there?” he asked the smile falling from his face and worry filling his eyes, I nodded and whispered “Dizzy” he put his arm around me “Sit down and lean against the wall for a moment, see if that helps.” I did as he said and after a few minutes the sensation passed. “How are you feeling now?” he asked “Better” I told him as he helped me back to my feet “Good, where were you going by the way?” I looked down at my hands “I was looking for the bathroom” he opened a door to his left “Here” I looked up at him “Thank you” I said as he disappeared.

When I opened the bathroom door I was met with a worried looking Luke” “Alice I thought I said not to leave the bed” I nodded “I know but I really needed to go” he  nodded “Right let’s get you back, Laurence told me you were feeling dizzy” I nodded “How are you feeling now?” “Fine” I told him yawning. I climbed back into the bed whilst Luke sat down on the chair. “I got you another drink” he said pointing to the mug sat beside me. “Thank you” we sat in silence for a little while before I had to ask him something that would bug me if I didn’t know. “Luke could I ask you something?” he nodded “Why do you care?” he looked puzzled “What do you mean?” I looked at my hands “I mean why do you care about me, I’m just some girl you found asleep in a pub, I’m nothing special” I told him getting quieter as I spoke. Luke place his large calloused hand over mine “I care because I found you asleep in a pub, I caught you when you passed out in an alleyway and again when you passed out in the kitchen. I care because you are special” I looked up expecting him to be joking but all I saw was pure honesty in his eyes. “Thank you, you’re the first person that’s ever said that to me” I told him as I slowly fell asleep.

Luke

I watched her as she slept. She had never been told she was special before or that someone cared? I sighed and stood up. Slowly I made my way over to the door and quietly left. I sank down into the sofa next to Kier. “Where are The Timids?” I looked around “Errm, I’m not sure they took the van keys from me about an hour or so ago” I told him resting m head on the back of the sofa and closing my eyes.