She got up and wiped the dust from her burnt jacket, revealing a vest underneath. Ryan's t-shirt had a large burn mark on the back, and his jeans were cut short from the damage. They both looked over at Max, who was slowly getting up. His vest was completely gone, revealing slight bruises on his back and abs. Ryan and Blood Girl staggered to their feet, their eyes fixated on the flaming woman standing alongside two others. 

"Great, there's more. " Blood Girl wiped the blood from her lip.

The flaming woman's body was engulfed in flames, obscuring her form, but her facial features were slightly discernible. Now they could properly see her along with her group, all wearing teal-colored tops and bottoms with vibrant orange lines running across the sides.

On the left stood an Asian boy, his jacket covering up to the brim of his nose, concealing his face. He wore orange goggles, and spiky jet-black hair peeked out from beneath his hood. On the right stood a Latina girl, her skin snow-white. Her hair, a stunning blonde and blue ombre, cascaded down her back, as snowflakes seemed to drift off her body with every breath.

"Notify Lady Sapphire that we're moving in with plan B." The fiery lady mumbled.

"Uh, what's plan B? " Ryan coughed.

"To take you down and lock you up. " She replied as her squad took stances.

Responding, Blood Girl went into a defensive stance, summoning tendrils from her back and creating bone blades from her wrists. In a swift and brutal transformation, Ryan grew taller, his spine elongating until he was hunched over. His jaw became firmer, his dread reached shoulder length, his eyes switched to reptilian slits, and his body was covered in scales.

"Ever been in a fight before?" Blood Girl asked.

"Only once." 

"How great. " 

Blood Girl and Ryan both charged, but before they could reach their targets, the boy with goggles absorbed and controlled the wind around him, creating a tornado under his feet! In an instant, he zoomed in with a powerful gust, knocking Blood Girl to the side, leaving Ryan momentarily stunned. Suddenly, a wall of ice slammed into Ryan, freezing him against a nearby tree.

BAM!

The flaming lady raised her hand in the air, the flames swirling around her palm before erupting into a massive, explosive column of fire. Max slowly got up, fear evident in his eyes as he watched her prepare to launch the attack. Through the fiery haze, the woman's gaze fell upon him, her eyes widening in recognition.

"What the...? M-Max?" Her voice quivered with disbelief.

Meanwhile, the boy pinned Blood Girl against a tree, his grip strong and unyielding. With a forceful motion, he ripped off her hood. 

"What the...you're-"

Taking advantage of the moment, Blood Girl swiped up with her blades, narrowly grazing his suit. However, it didn't seem to do any damage. With a swift move, she flipped out of his grasp and used her tendrils to reel herself into the trees above.

"Karla?" His voice softened, disbelief and recognition mixing into his tone.

"Huh...what did you just say?" She paused, slowly lowering herself.

He zipped down his hood and took off his goggles, revealing his face. 

"No... you're kidding, right?" She fell out of the tree, her eyes locked with his. "Dante..?"

"S-since when do you have—" Dante started, but Karla went into a defensive stance.

"T-this is a trick! You can't—"