Chapter 4

It's been 2 months since the accident with Jason. I haven't visited him once, meaning I haven't talked to his family in 2 months either. So I have no idea how he is or if he even remembers me. Why haven't I at least tried to go visit him? Why am I holding back? I need to stop keeping my distance and tell him that i am his. That I've always been his.
This is where my minds at right now. I'm confused and stuck on what to do...but I forced myself to go over to their house for the first time in two months.

*ding dong*
I ring the doorbell to the "Andrews" house. To my surprise, Brittany Lancaster, Jason's  ex-girlfriend opens the door. She's wearing a form-fitting black mini dress that gives a good impression to the players at our school. "What do we have here?" is the first thought that goes through my head.

Brittany Lancaster is many things. She's the head Cheerleader of our high school, intelligent, drop-dead-gorgeous, and athletic; but let's just say she's a cheater. You wonder why Jason would break up with someone like her? Well, he found out by friends of friends that she was cheating on him with some other guy that graduated last year. We are all seniors now. She hated me because I was with Jason for 2 years, which didn't really make sense but whatever. She probably doesn't even remember me. But here she is now.

"Hello." I say while smiling.
"Why are you here?"  She asks me with disgust.
She remembers me alright. How could she not to be honest?
"Nice seeing you too. The real question is: why are you here? But I'm here for Jason. Obviously." I add.
"Wow, well don't we have something in common. That's about to change though," Jason all of a sudden comes to the door and kisses her on her cheek "because, he's my boyfriend."

I can't show any pain in my eyes or voice. I can't throw her off of him like I want to. I have to hold back every emotion and stay calm.
"When did y'all get back together?" I ask disbelievingly.
"We never broke up." Jason responds, reassuringly.
Then it clicks me. Jason lost all of his memory from 3 years ago (our time being together and knowing each other) so that means he remembers being with Brittany. Oh no. This is bad. And I won't be able to tell him or remind him of what she did to him. That little liar!

I simply say "Yeah of course, I remember now. Well, I better go."
I turn around, not looking back as I walk to my car. If only Jason knew. He would of known everything if it wasn't for her being there. With Brittany now being his girlfriend again has made up my mind; I can't tell Jason.

Parking the car, walking up the stairs to my apartment, locking the door and throwing myself on my bed is what I did. It feels like this is all now hitting me for the first time. I can no longer hold onto our promise and he lost all of our memories over the years. It's all over... I'm officially starting to hate my life.