Kageyama Tobio | Stray

The sky looked gloomy and it was pouring rain outside. You finished your breakfast and put on your shoes, grabbing your umbrella on the way. "I'm off." You told your parents. "Have fun!" They yelled from the kitchen where they were eating breakfast. "Yeah, yeah." You muttered. You walked outside to see the rain was coming down really hard, you opened your umbrella and walked quickly, hoping you would get to school without getting drenched.

You always walked alone to school, you lived nearby and many people didn't live close to school.

You hummed quietly to yourself, the sound of rain mixing in with the quiet tune. You were suddenly interrupted when you heard a bark nearby. "A dog?" You wondered. You looked around, checking if there really was a dog close by.

"Woof!"

You looked down to see a small puppy under a tree with a fluffy white colored coat, the words 'adopt me!' on the side of the box the dog was laid upon. "Aw," You carefully grabbed the box and continued to walk to school.

The small pup fell asleep and didn't notice that you had set the box in a small hole by the back of the school. Upon hearing you fan girl over how cute the small dog was, its eyes slowly opened, focusing only on you. "I'll be back later alright, just stay here." You told the pup, the pup probably didn't understand what you said but it slowly closed its eyes again and fell asleep.

"Woah, what a fast sleeper!"

-

The whole time during class your mind kept wandering to the pup behind the school, worrying whether the pup would still be there and be alright. The teacher saw that you weren't paying attention and decided to mess with you.

"So, [Last Name]-san, what's the answer to question 13?"

"A stray!" You yelled out without thinking. The class laughed at you and you blushed from embarrassment. "Pay attention, please." The teacher continued to teach but you still couldn't focus on what they would say.

Hinata laughed at your mistake and had to cover his mouth with his hands to prevent from laughing and embarrassing himself.

"Hinata, shut up, dumbass!" He whispered angrily. He got a little worried, you were usually so full of energy, bothering the teacher and other students, but now you only stared out the window quietly, a small frown on your face as you ignored everything around you.

During lunch you usually ate with Hinata and Kageyama but a small pup kept you away from them. You had went to get milk from the vending machine and hurried to the back of the school. Kageyama saw how suspicious you looked so he decided to follow you, although he looked really creepy and he kept getting stares from people around him.

You looked around to make sure no one saw you go to the back of the school and ran to where the pup was. It was wide awake now and it whimpered quietly. "Did I take too long?" You asked the puppy. You poured the milk into a small lid you brought and pushed it near the pup. It seemed overjoyed by the sight of the milk and quickly lapped it up. "You're adorable!" You cooed while rubbing it's small head. "Hm, I wonder what I should name you.."

"[First Name]?"

You turned around to see Kageyama and you quickly hid the pup behind your back, "Hey! What are you doing here, Kageyama?"

"Was that a dog?" He asked, going around you to take a look at the small creature behind you. You sighed in defeat, "I found this pup while walking to school, I couldn't just leave it there." You explained, admiring the adorable puppy.

Out of nowhere the dog barked angrily at Kageyama, as if he was a threat. He looked terrified, "W-What did I d-do?!" He panicked, his eyes wide and his face full of fear.

"Wait a second..." You mumbled. You raised the dog and then set it down. You crossed your arms and nodded proudly, "Yup," You gave a thumbs up, a stupid grin on your face, "Male."

You shrugged, "He probably doesn't like you." He looked down, saddened by what you said, "I knew animals disliked me."

You looked at him with surprise, "What?" You waved your hands around in a panicked manner, "T-That's not what I meant! I just meant that he's still not used to you!"

"Oh, alright then."

"Anyways, let's not tell anyone about him, alright?"

He nodded, "What's his name?"

You tilted your head in a questioning manner, the dog mimicked you, tilting its head to the side, "His name?"

"You haven't even named him?" He groaned.

"Alright how about," You thought about it for a while, "Let's name him Pocky!"

"Why Pocky?" He asked, although he didn't disagree with the name you gave the dog. You shrugged and held the puppy close, "Because I thought it was cute! And because I'm craving Pocky..."

"Aah, pocky is our little secret!" You happily said. "Pocky is our kid now, Kageyama!"

"Don't say that, you idiot!"

"We're parents!"

Extra:

"Mom, dad, I have a kid with Kageyama!" You yelled once you walked through the doors of your home.

They both spit out their drinks, "WHAT?!"

You raised Pocky in front of you with a bright smile, "We named him Pocky!"

"[First Name]! Just what are we going to do with you?"

-

haikyuu season 3 OomgG all my babes are bacK!!