9- Shut Up and Drive

Start from the beginning

  'That teacher never did understand true artwork' I thought bitterly to myself.

I raised my hand to give my input about the discussion. “I personally think that the artwork is more appealing to the younger crowd more than the older audience, because it shows that you can look like the toughest person in the world but you still have a soft spot. And also the artwork is calling out a famous graffiti group, and teenagers love drama.”

“So what you’re saying exactly is that the reason why I don’t like this…this painting is because I’m old?” She asked.

“Well, technically you said it.” The bell rang right before the teacher opened her mouth. Saved by the bell. I quickly took all my stuff and ran out the room, before the teacher gave me a detention.

Once I was outside the school’s parking I looked for Danielle. I spotted the brunette near her car so I ran to her. “Hey Danielle!” I yelled.

“Hey Desiree,” she said once I reached her. “What’s going on?”

“I was wondering if I could have your phone number. I’m going to see Darius today and I thought I could give him your number.” Her face turned red from embarrassment. I knew they would make the best couple. I gave her my phone, and then headed to the Sanchez’s house.

When I got out the car, I saw a particular person already close by. “Hey Tyler. What are you doing near hear? Mrs. Sanchez made it clear that she didn’t want to see your face.” We both laughed.

“Don’t worry about me I was just walking to a friend’s house. How have you been? Last time I saw you, you were at the party leaving.” I looked at his eye that got punched. I touched it and Tyler instantly winced in pain.

“I’m so sorry about that. I didn’t think he would punch you in the face he can be a major jerk sometimes,” I said remembering how mad Malik was that night. “But why does everyone hate you so much in the first place?” If they won’t give me answers, maybe he will.

“You mean they didn’t tell you nothing?” he said looking a bit shock. I shook my head, his reaction making me want to know more. As soon as his mouth opened I heard the beep of a car, and automatically turned my direction to the car.

Marco and everyone else came out of the car, and were making their way to me, Marco practically running. “White chocolate! I missed that red hair of yours way too much,” he said squeezing me in a tight hug.

“I probably should be going, don’t want to cause a seen.” Tyler said walking away.

“Since when did he not want to cause a scene?” Marco asked. I nudged him in the rib so he didn’t get jumped or something.

“So your still hanging out with Tyler?” Pedro asked when everyone reached me.

“Oh my gosh you people act like we’re besties. We just danced. You all are blowing this way out of proportion. I don’t like him, I just danced with him. Is that such a big deal?”

“Yes,” they all said together.

“Why?” I asked. I was done with these secrets. Everyone was quiet not answering my question. I rolled my eyes in frustration. “Here,” I said to Darius giving him Danielle’s phone number. “See you all at Alcatraz.”