12

I walked into the house after softball tryouts with my arm in a sling from the school nurse and threw my bag down on the couch. I was beyond upset. I threw my shoulder out of place batting and now I cant play for the season according to the nurse and the school coach who want me to see a doctor but that's not happening.

I walked into my room and changed the best I could and left my sling off. I didn't want Grandpa to worry to much about it. After taking some aleve I heard grandpa and grandma Reba walking in. I was surprised grandma was here because she had a concert this week.

"Hello elderly people." I said casually ignoring my shoulder.

"Hey I ain't that old." Grandma said joking.

"Right." I said dragging out the 'i'.

"Oh get over here butthead." She laughed walking towards me for a hug.

"Soo. How were tryouts.. Like I need to ask." Grandpa asked putting my gear in the closet.

"How do you think it went"

"I think your on the team of course!" He said somewhat loudly.

"It went great grandpa." Until I threw out my shoulder costing me the season. I pulled a tight smile sitting at the table.

"That a girl!" Grandpa said patting my shoulder. I lip my lip looking at my lap trying not to cry out.

"I'm gonna do some laundry An do you have anything you need washed" Grandma asked.

"Yeah it's in the hamper."

"Alright"

"Who all tried out this year?" Grandpa asked bringing us waters

"The same girls as usual and some freshman." I said taking a drink.

"Are you still having that sleep over for those who make the team?" He asked carefully knowing mom and dad started the team sleepovers' when I started playing.

"Maybe I don't know." I said.

"An?" Grandma asked walking out with a laundry basket.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Why was there a sling and an ice pack on your bed?" She asked setting it on the table.

"Uh I uh was helping a freshman who over did it on the shoulder." I lied getting a bit nervous.

"Uh huh. Then would you mind loading the washer for me?" Her and Grandpa both looked at me.

"Okay so I pulled a muscle coach said ice it and it'll be fine." I lied again. Just then the phone rang.

"I got it" Grandma said walking to the living room.

"Annie." Grandpa said.

"I'm fine really it's already feeling better watch I'll load the washer now!" I defended.

I got up going to the washer with the basket. I bite my lip lifting the basket and start to slowly fill the washer. I winced lifting a hand full of clothes.

"Annie stop." He said leading me to the living room.

"Fine I'm not okay." I say my voice cracking. That's when Grandma was joining us again and sat next to me. "I pulled my shoulder out of socket and before coach could notice I popped into place... Well I tried. Now I can't play for the season." I say letting a tear fall.

"Oh honey." Grandma said pulling me into a hug grandpa was sitting on the coffee table rubbing my knee.

"This sucks!" I pout and continued to cry.