The Fight for a Fight....(a hetalia war ; part 2)

The next day, everyone was busy, either getting ready for war or training. Claus got out of bed and got dressed. He had the training session with Zosia today and he didn’t wanna be late. We walked outside the base into the woods, a little distance off there was a table set up, a few guns were laid out neatly with bullets, Zosia came out from behind a target set up a few meters away, she smiled at him “Morning Claus, hope you’re ready, come over here.” He made his way over to the table, and stared at the array of guns. She picked up a small hand pistol and walked over next to him, Claus tried not the blush. “Heres a regular hand pistol, you should have one of these on you at all times.” She handed him the pistol and he held it in her hands, turning it over, feeling the cold metal of the barrel and handle. She went over all the different guns with him. The pistol, shotgun, riffle, a snipe leaned against the table on the ground. When it was time to shoot, Claus got scared. “Alright! Time to shoot some, I wanna see how you fare on your own first, then I’ll see how your skill adds up.” Zosia exclaimed happily, she gave him the pistol again and instructed him to aim at the target and shoot 15 rounds. Claus shuddered and held the gun in a shooting position. His heart thudded against his chest; he didn’t want Zosia to know he hated loud noises. He swallowed and shoot once then twice. Each time he winced. The fourth time he dropped the gun and collapsed covering his ears. That loud, banging sound rang through his head as if the actual bullet shot him. “Claus!!! Are you okay?” Zosia knelt down beside him; he blinked and looked at her. Shame, humiliation and sadness overcame him. “I….I’m sorry Zosia….” She helped him up and patted his back. “You don’t like the sound do you?” she asked, he shook his head in shame. She walked over to the table and picked up a pair of earmuffs made for restraining loud noises. “Here, use these. The sounds won’t go away but it will be muffled a bit.” He took them and put them on, she nodded. He picked up the gun, this time determined not to drop it. He shot another 10 rounds before the pounding returned to his head. He took off the earmuffs and set them on the table. Zosia walked over to him and smiled “Good job! When you shoot, bend your knees slightly so get better ground. Then keep your arm straight, you’ll curve the bullet it you bend your elbow.” Claus nodded but he didn’t dare look at her. “Go back inside and get some breakfast, I bet you’re hungry.” He nodded again and returned back inside, on the way, Germany came out. He didn’t speak to his brother or look at him. When Germany had walked further, Claus stopped. He swallowed and hide behind a tree; just a distance he could still hear Zosia and Ludwig.

            Ludwig spoke first; he asked “How did he do?” Zosia reloaded a rifle and put it down, she looked up at him and shrugged then said “Well he’s a good shooter, just needed a few pointers.” Germany shook his head and looks away “Did he drop the gun and hold his ears?”

“Yeah, he just doesn’t like loud noises that all. It’s a normal fear, he can get over it. He just needs time.”

“He’s always been like that, it’s not just guns. All loud noises freak him out.”

“Well, Feliks doesn’t like loud noises either, but he usually deals with it.”

“He needs to learn to deal with it and man up. He acts like a child sometimes.”

“Hey, he’s still your brother! Don’t be so hard on him. Sure he’s not perfect, but nobody is!”

From behind the tree Claus’s heart beat faster, he looked down at the ground. He always knew this is what Ludwig thought of him, he usually just dealt with it and moved on. Claus told himself that since they were related, his stronger side was there somewhere but it never wanted to come out of its shell. He continued watching; Germany sighed and looked back at Zosia, “I can think of someone who’s perfect.” She cocked her head at him “Oh? And who’s that?” He smiled faintly “You.” Claus saw Zosia blush slightly and kiss Ludwig’s cheek. Utter rage and hate filled Claus, he whispered to himself “Get away you basterd!!” He clenched his fists tightly and got up, he ran back into the base. He walked into the small cafeteria and got breakfast. He sat alone at an empty table and ate silently. Out the corner of his eye he saw Emilia enter the cafeteria and get food, she saw him and smiled then walked over. “Mind if I sit here?” she asked, he nodded and she sat down across from him. “How’s it going mate? She munched on her pancakes happily. “Wish they had tea….”She laughed slightly. Claus smiled slightly and looked her. “You okay? You seem kinda quiet.” He shook his head “It’s nothing.” She nodded and sipped her apple juice, “Heard you had a training session with Zosia?” she asked and smiled. He nodded and answered “Yeah, It went….okay.” He picked at his food morosely. She smiled “Zosia trained me, when we first met, she’s bloody brilliant at all the weapons and stuff.” Claus blinked and smiled faintly. “What’s it like being related to Germany? He seems a bit…tense.” She asked. He blinked, looking for the right words so is not to sound like a jerk. “He’s okay. He CAN be a bit tense but he’s a pretty nice guy.” Claus hoped that didn’t sound too mean. Emilia nodded and shrugged then said “Zosia seems to like him, so I don’t really have a problem with him.” Claus sighed to himself “What….Whats does she say about him..?” He asked. Emilia thought for a while then said “She says their good friends and that he’s a really nice and sweet guy, that kind of stuff. Why do you ask?” Claus felt his stomach flip over “No reason, just wondering.” Emilia shrugged and got up, “Well I’m off to find my lighter, Iggy took it and I want it back. I’ll see you round, bye Claus!” She took her tray and left the room. Claus was left alone again. He thought to himself Nice and sweet guy? She obviously doesn’t know him. To her he might be nice and sweet!! Claus sighed heavily and finished eating, then went back to his room. Collapsed on his bed and fell asleep.

In the morning Claus woke up and stared at the ceiling. He looked over at the other bed, and Germany was gone again. Claus sighed and got up. He suddenly felt the ground shake; he winced at the bombing noises from outside. Claus ran out and into the large, main room. People were in panic, some were running further in the base for safety and others ran out with weapons. Claus clenched his fists and ran outside, he found destruction. The woods were almost cleared by bombs and fire. He coughed slightly and looked around; the ground was black and full of holes. Some people were firing up into the sky at the passing jets. Claus ran around the black ground and to the still intact part of the woods to find Zosia. He heard a snap, then a flicker of movement. Claus froze and swallowed “Who’s there?!!” He heard a familiar chuckle “Kesesesese, hey bro!” Prussia walked out from the shadows, a gun in hand. Claus staggered back and trip over a tree root. “P-Prussia! What are you doing here?!!!” Claus’s voice was shaken and weak. “Here with Russia of course! I’m too awesome to be hanging out with you losers!” He chuckled again and came closer. Claus frowned and stared up at his brother. Prussia offered a hand “Come on, join us bro! Don’t hang out with these losers!” Claus shook his head “No! These are my friends! Ludwig is your brother too! How could you do this?!!” Prussia laughed loudly and gazed down at Claus “Some brother he is…He says your weak, he calls you a child, and he says you need to ‘act like a man’. Come ON Claus, even I can tell his not kidding.” Claus stared at Prussia, he was right. Ludwig never had anything nice to say to him. Prussia offered his hand again “Come with me, and I can prove to West you’re not weak.” Claus reached out and grabbed Prussia’s hand. His brother grinned and nodded “Awesome.”