Signs on a blind date-Aries

Start bij het begin

"Really? That's so cool! I love baseball! What age group do you teach?" The zodiac exclaims, genuinely interested.

The two talk about baseball for the next 15 minutes. Elaine's job, previous playing experiences, current baseball teams, everything, until the food arrives.

The same waiter, who's name tag reads Sam.

He has two steaming plates of fish in his hands and sets them down in front of Elaine and Aries, who drools over the fish.

Once the waiter leaves, Aries digs in, putting ketchup on the fish and taking big bites.

Elaine eats the fish without ketchup, politely taking small bites and watching Aries with her nose slightly wrinkled in disgust.

"No no no no no...." Cancer groans.

"Stupid, stupid Aries.....we need to do something." Scorpio sighs, shaking her head. (No offense)

Aries glances up at Elaine with a bite of fish in his mouth.

"So.....do you like it?" Aries asks, gulping his food down.

"Clearly not as much as you." Aquarius mutters, also facepalming.

"Yeah, it's good." Elaine says.

There's a long silence while the two finish their meal. Once it's gone they both sit there.

Aries frantically tries to think of something to say.

"So.....how are you?" He finally blurts out.

"Good. You?"

"Good."

Another pause.

"So....."

"So...."

Pause.

No no no! It was going so well! Aries thinks, feeling his heart sink. I really like her too.....

Suddenly a strange smell that is horribly familiar reaches Aries' nose. He sniffs once and his brain recognizes the faint smoky scent.

His eyes widen and he looks around to see if anyone else has noticed. No one has.

Aries stands up, his eyes narrowed as he scans the room, totally forgetting about Elaine.

"Aries?" Elaine asks nervously, watching Aries' wary face.

He looks at her and walks around the table, taking her hand.

"I think I smell something," he says, pulling her gently to her feet, "can you take a deep breath to make sure I'm not just hallucinating?"

Elaine gives him a weird look but does as he asked. She frowns and takes another sniff, turning to Aries, "Yeah I do smell it. Do you know what it is?"

Aries nods, sighing, "Unfortunately I do, and I believe that my friend is here." Aries looks around for a fire alarm, "We have to get out of here."

Elaine's eyes widen in fear as she looks at Aries and he pulls her toward the door, now more nervous, "Go outside I'll be out in a second!" He yells, pushing her outside and running back until the building. As if he's done this a thousand times, he scans the room for a fire alarm before spotting one a couple booths to the left of the one he was at.

Running over, he pulls the alarm and a loud ringing is heard.

"Everyone get out!!!" He shouts as everyone in the restaurant starts to freak out.

"Go!" He cries, taking people and pulling them out of their chairs before giving them a push toward the exit.

Aries takes another deep breath and his eyes widen in fear as he smells the scent, which is stronger now.

He pushes the last people outside and sprints out too.

"Get back! Get back now!" He bellows, moving the panicked people even further away from the building.

Elaine runs up to him, looking fearful, "Aries!"

Aries looks at her and smiles, turning her towards the restaurant just as it explodes in a fiery show.

Balls of fire fly, but Aries got everyone far enough away that nobody gets hurt.

Aries looks at Elaine who is watching the restaurant with wide eyes, the fire casting a dancing light on her face. She looks so beautiful right now.

Elaine notices his eyes on her and she turns to look at him, her eyes twinkling.

Aries smiles and Elaine returns the favor.

"Can I.....may I....." Aries whispers so that only Elaine can hear, "kiss you now?"

Elaine smiles, tilting her head a bit and studying Aries, "You may."

And under the firework display of destruction, through the billowing clouds of smoke, and during the horrible wailing of the fire trucks, the two kiss.

And they get married soon after.
*******
There. Bam.

Tell me if you like it took me longer than usual.

Love you all,
Xoxo,
Rascal