My Man

I need to be careful. Great news for me, when I like adventures. I walked out of school and then I walked home.

Arriving home, I looked at my watch. Shoot! Football practice is in fifteen minutes. I opened the door, noticing that my dad was waiting for me, tapping his foot impatiently.

"What time do you call this Megan?" He asked while checking his watch.

"I'm a tad late Dad, but practice is in fifteen minutes," I pointed out trying to get out of it with excuses.

He shook his head, then smiled. "I have some great news!"

"Yeah, what is it?" I asked, smiling.

"The co-captain of the football team has offered to help the girl team out," He beamed at me.

My eyes widened. Did he just say the 'co-captain'? Jake is the co-captain. I smirked. He's the new stalker.

I closed the door behind me and I walked towards my dad.

"Well, Dad, you see, the girl football team is all about girl power and if one boy gets in the way, the power is lost," I said.

"Sorry, I didn't realise you girls were so close but I accepted his offer and plus your team needs the help," He said, sheepishly. I laughed.

"I know, I know, we're bad," I agreed which I really couldn't deny.

"Great, now that's settled you can go and get changed," He told me.

I nodded, and went upstairs to get changed. I slipped my clothes off and changed into my kit. I looked in the mirror and grabbed a bobble to pull my hair back.

 I put my J'adore Paris jumper on because it is the only jumper I've got. Seen as I haven't got my hoodie, I have to wear this jumper. Though I have to say it will keep me a lot warmer.

I ran down the stairs and out the door. My dad was waiting for me in the car. I hopped in and smiled at him.

 "Ready?" He asked.

"Ready!" I confirmed. I put the seat belt on and he then started the engine. Football practice was only at school but by the time we get home its late and dark. We pulled into the school and I saw Jake leaning against a pole at the football pitch's entrance, looking smug.

 I looked straight at him but he didn't see me. My dad parked up and we both got out. I put my hood up. The one thing I didn't want was for him to see my face. My dad then opened the boot of the car. Inside was cones, footballs and clipboards. I grabbed the footballs and cones, offering to carry them.

 They were quite heavy but it wasn't a far walk. I started to walk to the football pitch when Jake noticed me. He didn't actually notice me he just noticed a damsel in distress or something like that. He laughed.

 "Let me help you with those, miss," He said. Miss, who the hell did he think I was?

"I'm fine, thanks," I mumbled trying to sound different.

He laughed. "You certainly are fine, ma'am!" Jesus, was he flirting with me? Shoot. What to do? What to do?

"For someone you have a connection with, you are being awfully rude," I snapped, then cursed myself. I didn't mean to say that! He laughed.

"So you admit that we have a connection then?" He asked, triumphantly.

"No, I believe that is not what I said and I don't want to have a connection with you, you're Mr. Know It All, remember?" I laughed, despite the situation.

He stopped me right in my tracks and stood in front of me.

 "I will make you have a connection with me, understand?" He demanded.

I looked at him scared and suprised by his sudden outburst. I was about to shout at him, but my father interrupted.

"You two ok?" He asked.

I was just going to tell him when Jake grabbed my arm hard.

 "We are just fine, Coach!" He called quickly.

I wanted to add something but he squeezed my arm. It actually hurt. He was very strong. Normally, I felt sparks when he touched me but the strength was taking over the sparks and tingles.
My father smiled and carried on walking to the pitch.

"Get your hand off of my arm now!" I shouted at him. He looked at me and then at the arm. He let go shortly after that.

"Sorry, if I hurt you," He apologised.

"By the way, I don't understand because you won't tell me anything and how am I meant to figure it out by myself?" I said, hoping for an answer.

"Look, I'll tell you everything that you need to know, but I need to get to know you more," He said.

"I don't want you to know me, I want you to leave me alone and grow a connection with someone else!" I snapped at him.

He looked hurt.

"I don't give up that easily, Megan, I want you and I will make it my mission to get you to love me," He said before grabbing the footballs from me and stalking off.

I guess he took the news bad. I laughed. Why should I care about what he thinks? That's right, I shouldn't.

I walked onto the pitch with the cones. All the girls were talking. I stared until my friend joined me.
"Did you hear that we are voting for the team captain today?" She asked, excitedly.

"Actually, Maddie I haven't heard," I replied.

"Well, it's happening now," She grinned.

 I laughed. She ran off to join the rest. They all greeted me. I nodded at them. After that they all started to stare at MY MAN!

"That's MY MAN!" I blurted. Oh My God, I just said he was mine.

They all laughed and looked behind me. He was there behind me, wasn't he? Damn! I turned to see him smiling at me.

 "And that's what jealousy looks like," He laughed, happily. That was when I blushed really hard.

Tell me what you think please! If you are reading this and you are new to reading it I would be grateful if you comment.

I need comments and votes for next chapter please!