Memories

It had been a while since H/N's accident. He had gotten into a car wreck. You stayed at the hospital everyday till he woke up. The only problem was he didn't remember you. He had temporary memory loss. He now basically remembered everyone but you.

He couldn't help it but it hurt. His mom would invite you for dinner but H/N wouldn't talk to you. Each time you talked to him he would be shy like the first time you met him. It was even worse at school. Everyone knew what was going on and they kept telling you to be strong. You don't want to be strong. You want to cry.

It's spring break and H/N's mom invited you for a brunch with his family. You dressed nice and did you hair and makeup the best you could. Worry filled your mind. What if he begins to love someone else? What if he never remembers you?

You drive over to his house and knock on the door. H/N opened the door." Hey!" You said with a smile.

"Umm hey."

"Your mom invited me."

"Oh okay come in." He moves from the door and you walked in.

"Y/N!" She comes up and hugs you.

"Hey! Thank you for inviting me."

"Yes honey!" She pulled up close and whispered," I really want you to try to talk to H/N. It breaks my heart no to see you together."

"I'll try my best."

You all go outside and you sit beside H/N. You all begin to eat and have small talk.

"So H/N what's going on at school?"

"Good! There's this girl in my science class. Man she is pretty!"

You feel your heart break. Your worst fear coming true. You feel tears forming and try to blink then back.

"If you'll excuse me my mom is calling me." You get up and go to the front porch.

You begin to cry. How did he not remember? He told you you were the only girl and now he's found another. You feel someone sit beside you. You turn your face so they can't see you crying.

"Are you okay?" It's H/N.

"Yeah I'm fine... I just stumped my toe."

"I feel like it a bit more than just stumping your toe." You look at him." What wrong?"

"You can't help it."

"I can try."

"We've been trying for a while now and you still don't seem to remember."

"Remember what?"

"Everything."

"What am I forgetting?"

"Us."

"Who are you?"

" I'm Y/N. I'm your girlfriend. We've been through a lot together. When you got in the wreck it felt like my world was crashing. I stayed in the hospital until you woke up. Only you didn't remember me."

"I'm sorry I can't remember."

"You can't help it. It's not like we can do anything about it."

"Maybe we can." He cupped your face and kissed me. It was simple but you hadn't had one of his kisses in a while. He pulled away. "I'm sorry I just don't remember."

"It fine really. You should talk to that girl in your science. Can you tell your mom I said thank you?" You walk to your car and drive home.

When you get home you break down. He was gone. One minute he was telling you how much he loved you the next he couldn't remember your name. You sat there and cried for a long time. It was night and you a knock on the door.

You quickly wipe the tears from your eyes," Come in!"

H/N walks in. He looks at you and hurt spreads across his face. He walks over and sits beside you. He pulls you into an embrace. His strong arms pull you tight and you cry more. Knowing that this may be the last time.

He whispers in your ear," I remember." Your heart leaps." I never want to hurt you in this way again."

He breaks the hug and pulls you into a kiss. It's hungry and passionate. He remembers. He remembers!