Daniel was expecting this.

"Why?"

Angel saw the change in his stance. He was getting protective. The same way he did for her at Milton...

"Was he your friend, Danny?"

Daniel was surprised to hear his name called like that. But that was not important now. Was she accusing him?

"Are you intending to say that I am biased?"

"Probably. Nina was uncomfortable with the look on Neil's face. I want the reason for that look. A day before the death makes it the worst possibility. Like it or not, but your friend is a possible suspect."

"Possibility for what exactly?"

Angel was treading on dangerous waters. She has to be careful. She wants to know if Daniel can be trusted.

"Him responsible for her death."

Oh God! Not her. The whole town knows that Neil liked Veronica. Then why would he kill her? We have interrogated him and that depressed him even more. The doctor advised him to move over to the hospital. But if he is again dragged into all this, Neil would not survive this time.

"How can you say that without meeting him or knowing him?"

The look on Daniel's face was one of desperation. Something painful is going on through his mind. Daniel is worried for Neil. He is his friend. She had heard from Maria how Neil was traumatized and Daniel felt bad for doing that to him. But duty calls. That is the reason he is protecting him. So, she was right all along. Daniel can be trusted. Together, they can catch the culprit. But only if....

"Oh, I know him Daniel! He was the reason Verni came to this town."

Daniel was looking confused. He was about to ask her when Loca came out.

Loca: Hi Danny!

Daniel: Hi Loca

Angel: Hi Loca

Loca: Why din't you come inside directly?

Angel: Nothing. We were just stopping by to ask you something.

Loca: Come inside.

Daniel gave a long look to Angel promising her to not let her go off the hook so easily. Angel was smiling.

Angel:(whispering to Daniel) Danny, just make sure to ask him tea and some biscuits.

Daniel: okay

They went in.

Loca: Please sit down. Would you like to have anything?

Daniel: Loca, do you remember the plant I asked you last time?

Loca gave it a thought.

Loca: One which you din't find at the green house?

Daniel: Yes

Loca: I have got it here in my garden. I remember my promise. Let me get it.

Daniel: I will tag along. Let me take a look at your garden.

Loca: Sure. Angel, please make yourself at home.

Daniel: Let's go.

Angel was looking at the retreating figures when Daniel turned to wink at her. She smiled. She still remembers the day she bumped into him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She was passing through the narrow alley after enjoying her time at the beach. She was going to take a left turn that would lead to the place where she was staying at Milton.