Chapter 16

Chapter 16

I felt my whole body trembling, what could be going on back home? Jake's words floated in the back of my mind, "Did you tell her the news yet?" What was that suppose to mean?

"Kayla! Are you still there?" My dad's voice boomed, making me cringe as I shook off my thoughts. "Y-y-yeah I will be there right away." I stuttered, I could feel my bottom lip quiver.

"Kayla I know you have to leave, but do you have tonight free?" Haden's husky voice whispered into my ear, I could feel the warmth of his breath on my neck, making goosebumps spread.

"Kayla?" He asked so quiet it was barely audible, my heart fluttered at just hearing his voice say my name. "Yeah... I just have something going on at home." I whimpered swallowing the lump in my throat, his eyes raked over my face. As if observing every detail about it.

"Meet at 8pm by the lake." Haden murmured, pressing his hands against the sides of the wall and cornering me in between his arms.

I could almost feel the heat radiating off his still bare chest. He leaned in toward me, the warmth of our bodies pressed together, I could hear my erratic breath as I stared into his deep blue eyes that darkened with lust.

Haden leaned into me, pressing his body into me, his lips pressed against mine, slowly making their way toward my neck and he slowly ran his tongue over my mark. I could feel him leave a burning trail of saliva down the nape of my neck, and I shivered at the electricity coursed through my veins with every touch.

"Is that a yes?" He asked breathlessly and I watched him run his tongue over his bottom lip. I tried to steady my ragged breath before I mumbled, "Yes." He smiled, his nose wrinkled and I silently watched the depths of his eyes sparkle with an emotion I couldn't decipher, but it flickered away as fast as it had come.

~*~

I quickly tiptoed up to the porch of my house, I had been with Haden longer than I expected, but if I could do it all over again I would. I slowly pulled the door open, and as soon as I shut it, both my father and Jake stood with their arms crossed.

"I called 30 minutes ago. Explain." My father said impatiently, I stared at the ground and chewed my bottom lip nervously, what was I suppose to say? "Never mind that, just tell her the news." Jake said cruelly.

I glanced up at him and was met by his dark gaze, My dad motioned for us to go into the living room. I sat myself on the couch, placing my hands on my lap, my heart was racing as unknown feelings churned in my stomach.

"Kayla you're getting married to Jake."

-•-

A/N yes you guys probably hate me because...
1) I haven't updated in a while
2) the ending