“But our senio-“ the chubby cheeked boy was cut off from his counter when the little squirrel talked again.

“Please shut your mouth first Yamada-kun. I’m not done yet.” Everyone gasped upon hearing the younger boy’s retort.

Everyone knew about Chinen’s sharp tongue and witty remarks but it was the first time they heard it thrown to none other than their student council president. The tension between the two boys escalated as both were secretly glaring at one another. No one dares to speak or even make a move. They fear to be caught up in between the two.

“How I wish Inoo-chan was here.” Yuto whispered to Keito nervously as the latter nodded in agreement feeling the same way.

“So I was saying…” Chinen continued not minding the glare that the older boy was sending him. He continued on explaining the details on his idea.

As he finished his explanation, silence again engulfed the whole class as they comprehend with what the little squirrel said. After a few moments, the whole class erupted into whispers, squeals and chatters. The whole class was now once again filled with excitement and enthusiasm.

“Ne, ne what do you think Yamada-kun would look like?” a girl asked as everyone calmed down as to try to imagine something in their minds.

A slight smirk was shown on the little squirrel’s face as he himself can’t help himself in imagining.

The chubby cheeked boy looked at them with wide eyes as he absorbed what was asked. When he regained his composure, he cleared his throat.

“I’m sorry but we, the student council members would be busy in organizing all the events. So during the span of the school festival we would not be joining you but we would be visiting the booth and be helping you from time to time.” Yamada explained to the class their circumstances.

Yamada could see the crestfallen faces of all of his classmates. Even though he wanted to see how their class will push through they had no choice. They had their responsibilities to attend to.

“Ne, minna. Don’t worry…” Yuto suddenly said as he stood beside Yamada to lift the depressing atmosphere.

Everyone looked at him with questioning faces and hopeful eyes.

“To make it up to you, our cool student council president slash class rep would be responsible for the cakes and pastries that you would be serving.” Yuto said with a big grin on his face as he placed his arm around the shorter boy’s shoulders.

Hearing the sudden announcement, everyone in class looked at Yuto then to Yamada with questioning eyes. Yamada turned to glare at his tall friend while the latter just looked at him with an innocent grin. ‘I’m dead for sure.’ Yuto said at the back of his mind.

“That’s right. Yama-chan would take care of the cakes.” This time Keito said calmly as he stood from his seat and approached his friends. He now earned the class’ attention and Yamada’s glare.

Yuto looked at Keito mouthing a ‘thank you’. Keito just winked at him that made the taller boy to blush. Good thing he could hide his face behind the shorter boy beside him.

Yamada eyed Keito and shrugged off Yuto’s arms around him. He was annoyed to what does his friends were thinking. They all know how busy they would be with everything they had in both of their hands. The mere idea was impossible because of the upcoming schedule that they would be enduring during the whole week-long school festival.

“Yuto, Keito, what are you saying? You both know that it would be impossible for us to be participating in the preparations. I don’t have the time to bake cakes or anything.” Yamada said in a low voice as he pulled both of his friends to lean down on him.

“But Yama-chan, I missed your cakes. You haven’t made it for a while now. Onegai.” Yuto whined like a kid while stomping his feet.

Everyone was watching them as they argued with one another.

“Yuto is right, Yama-chan. It has been a long time since we’ve tasted your cakes. I think it is a good idea. You will be able to help the class and we will be able to taste your cakes. Talking about hitting two birds with one stone.” Keito reasoned out as was making hand gestures to Yuto.

“Demo… I don’t really think we could make it.” Still Yamada persisted stubbornly.

“Look, Yama-chan.” Yuto said as the chubby cheeked boy looked at him with furrowed eyebrows. “Do you have the gut to break their hearts?” the taller guy questioned as he motioned to the front.

The chubby cheeked boy turned his look to his classmates and saw everyone looking at him expectantly. They had a look of a puppy in their eyes. His eyebrow flinched on how his classmates used their puppy eyes attack on his account and beaten him up. He heaved a sigh. He was totally defeated by more than a dozen.

“F-Fine.” Yamada agreed after a short battle with himself.

The taller boy smiled victoriously and winked at his classmates.

“YATTA!!!” the whole class erupted to cheers.

Yuto and Keito high fived each other for both of their tactics at Yamada’s back. They both knew that Yamada would eventually bow down if their classmates would be asking for it altogether. It was a class effort after all.

“But…” the chubby cheeked boy interrupted as the whole class were silent once again.