Chaptet 7

I nodded, putting down my menu. "I come here so often because of Camilla that I already know my order by heart and half the menu."

"Wow. I only come here in the mornings with Samuel and sometimes Adrian. What do you recommend?" James questioned, his bright blue eyes fixated on me.

"I would recommend --"

"Hi, I'm sorry about the delay. I was dealing with another customer. Anyways, my name is Camilla and I will be your waitress this..... Allison?"

"Hey Cam..." I gave my best friend an awkward smile. Camilla looked at me in disbelief but was soon replaced with anger when she saw who I was with.

Camilla bent over next to me as she pretended to pick something up. "You better have a good explanation for this when we get home!" Camilla whispered sharply.

I nodded in understanding, "I'll explain later."

She stood up straight with a pleased look on her face and brightly smiled, "What can I get you both?"

"I'll take my regular order with a lemonade," I told her and watched as she wrote down my order on her notepad.

"And you, sir?"

"I will have the steak and the loaded back potato along with a coke. Also please butterfly and have the steak be well done." James answered and Camilla nodded.

We handed her our menus and she announced, "I will be back with your drinks."

I grabbed Camilla's wrist before she could leave and whispered into her ear, "Make sure that Daniel doesn't see me. You know how he is."

Camilla tries to hid her chuckle but fails miserably. "I'll distract him if he does." She whispered back and left to the kitchen.

I played with my heart shaped ring to try to distract myself from the silence when James spoke," Miss Green, why don't you tell me a little bit more about yourself?"

"Well first, like I said before, please call me Allison and anyways, what do you want to know?" I asked, placing my hands on my lap.

"Tell me about your family and friends. Then in return I'll tell you about mine. Deal?"

I nodded my head and began," My family consists of my dad who works as a doctor, my older brother Daniel who is a police officer, and myself. Then my best friends are Camilla who is in law school right now and Victoria who lives in California right now for family reasons."

"I'm guessing our waitress is your best friend?" James asked appearing unsure," what about your mother? You didn't mention her?"

"My mom isn't in the picture. She left  my family and I a long time ago." I stared out the window, avoiding any more questions about my mother.

"I'm so sorry." Those were the words I hated hearing ever time the subject of my mother came up. I didn't want anyone's sympathy and I certainly didn't want to talk about it.

"It's fine," I assured him with a forgiving smile. "Now that's enough about me. Tell me about your family. The only member I know is Adrian."

"Okay well I am one of four boys. There's me, Adrian, Michael and Matthew who are twins. My parents are Angelo and Isabella De Luca. The last member of our family and the youngest is Adrian's daughter, Olivia." He explained, smiling when he said his niece's name.

"How old are the twins and Olivia?"

"They are both fifteen and soon turning sixteen next month. Olivia is only about three years old."

"You seemed to love talking about your niece. You get a certain smile on your face.Tell me about her," I told him, then realizing how demanding I seemed. "You know only if you want to. I don't want to pressure you."

"Allison, it's alright. My niece does play a big part in my life. I'm actually her Godfather and I always give her all my attention especially since her mother---."

"Hey guys! I brought you your drinks. One coke with ice and one lemonade with ice." Camilla interrupted, placing the drinks in front of us and pulling out straws from her apron. "Your food will be up in just a few minutes."

As I was about to take a sip of my lemonade, Camilla hit me on the arm and whispered,"Psst! Allison!"

I gave a chuckling James a smile before looking up at my impatient best friend. "Daniel spotted you a couple minutes ago and believe me he was not happy. He wanted to come over here but I managed to calm him down with a little blackmail. Your welcome," Camilla informed me quietly and left towards the kitchen with a smug look on her.

My heart stopped and I cautiously turned around in my seat to see my brother sitting down on the other side of the cafe, sipping his usual black coffee and most likely reading police reports on his phone. Daniel noticed me staring and gave me a wink. I quickly turn back to James, avoiding anymore contact with my older brother.

I couldn't believe Camilla had detained Daniel from coming over here. Daniel has always been very overprotective of me and who I go out with. Even though I was just having lunch with my boss, I know Daniel would have still gone over here. What did Camilla say to my brother?

"Is everything alright, Miss Green? You seem a little jumpy," James stated worriedly.

I shook my head," The only thing wrong is you calling me Miss Green after I told you to call me Allison."

James laughed causing me to chuckle. "I'm deeply sorry. I promise I will make sure to call you Allison as along as you call me James instead of Sir or Mr. De Luca."

"Deal." I held out my hand to him, signaling a deal and he grabbed it. We shook hands for a few seconds before letting each other go. A comfortable and pleasant silence took over, leaving us to smile at each other.

Third Person POV

Meanwhile Allison and James enjoyed each other's company, another couple was watching them from afar......

Camilla and Daniel sat next to each other rather closely as they stared at their best friend/sister slowly start to fall in love. Daniel couldn't believe how grown up she was and Camilla couldn't help but feel jealous of her.

Allison never really cared about finding love and she found it without even trying. Camilla had wanted it, searched for it and had yet to find it. While she stared at her best friend and James in envy, Daniel glanced at his sister's best friend with one thought in his head. 'Why is she so beautiful?'

Both, Camilla and Daniel, didn't realize how close their hands were to one another or how close they were to uniting as one.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oooooo. What is going on with Camilla and Daniel? Comment below if you have any idea! Sorry for the late update. I have just been really busy with family business and I hope you can forgive me. Thanks for reading and tell me what you think!

Dedicated to: one of my best friends, whynotread24   , for always supporting me and helping me!