Chapter 1【First Lesson】

Chapter 1

First Lesson

Naomi’s Point of View

There was a sudden bright light that pushed through the darkness. I opened my heavy eyelids to see Hermione opening my curtains.

I grumbled as the sun blinded my eyes.

“Hermione, turn off the lights!” I complained as I covered my eyes with my blanket.

“Really Naomi, every day!” Hermione said. “Don’t you want to get ready for your Uncle’s first lesson as a-“

Before she finished her sentence I pounced out of the bed and ran to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I hastily changed out of my pajamas. Then I looked at the mirror before I grabbed a nearby brush. I began to tame my hazel hair with red tips. The left side is much shorter than the other side. When my hair was under control, I tied my hair into two pig tails using a three bead hair tie.

It’s odd having uneven hair but I think it’s cool.

I grabbed my books and ran towards Hermione who was exiting the portrait hole.

“Let’s go to class! I want to see Uncle Rubeus and how he teaches. He’s going to be the best teacher ever!” I exclaimed happily as Hermione and I walked with our arms wrapped around each other.

Suddenly I heard a scoff. We both turned around to see a familiar boy with platinum blonde hair and steel cold eyes.

“What are you doing here, Malfoy?” I rolled my eyes. The last thing I need is for him to ruin my good mood.

“You better hope your Uncle Rubeus’s lesson is good or else-“ He sneered at me.

“Your father will hear about it, blah blah blah. We hear you say that over and over again,” I finished his sentence before throwing a glare at him. “And don’t worry. Uncle Rubeus’s lesson will be awesome!”

We both left Malfoy alone as we walked to the woods.

I wish Malfoy didn’t have to walk just a few steps behind us. He was mimicking everything me and Hermione was saying.

When we reached Uncle Rubeus’s hut, my pace accelerated. I ran into an embrace with my uncle.

“Hey ‘dere, Naomi. Hows class for ya?” He said as he twirled me around. I giggled when he placed me down.

“Of course! Professor Snape is a little creepy but you know. Whatever!”

Eventually all the students arrived. Hermione and I ran to Ron and Harry.

Harry’s eyes twinkled when he saw me. My cheeks flustered pink in response. I gulped when I felt butterflies fluttering in my stomach, leaving me with a nervous yet calming feeling.

“How did you sleep last night?”

“Fine. The people in my dorm are really nice!”

Most people would find it odd if they were asked how they slept. But not me, I feel happy and warm when he asks me that.  When I first transferred in, a few days ago, Uncle Rubeus asked Harry to take care of me and show me around. He kind of took the meaning too far and is like my second guardian.

“I can’t wait until Hagrid’s lesson starts. I wonder what creature he’s going to show us,” Harry said enthusiastically. I nodded in agreement.

“What do we have here? Does Potter have a girl he likes?” Malfoy suddenly said. My face flared red.

“Shut up, Malfoy!” I growled.