Fixing Things

After telling them everything

"I gotta call Ryan!" She dialed his number and went far from the Wildcats earshot.

"Hello?" Ryan picked up the phone.

"I love you!" She blurted out.

"Veronica?" He was confused.

"I love you, Ryan Evans. I've loved you since the day I sang with you." She confessed.

"I love you too." He told her.

She smiled over the phone.

"Meet me in Neverland?" She asked.

"I'd love to." He told her.

The call ended.
_______________________________________

The piano room

As Ryan entered Veronica kissed him and he kissed back.

"I love you."  She told him as they separated.

"I love you too." He smiled.

They smiled at each other.

"What happened before? Why were you mad at me?" Ryan asked.

'That's not important. What's important is finding a way for you to rehearse with your sister and me as well."  Veronica told him.

They start discussing...
_______________________________________

That evening

Troy was walking along the sidewalk in front of Gabriella's house. Troy walked up to the front door and knocked. Ms. Montez answered the door.

"Hi, Ms.Montez, I'm Troy Bolton." He told her

"Oh, Troy!" Ms. Montez exclaimed.

Hearing Troy's name, Gabriella came down the stairs till she was within  earshot of her mother and mouthed 'No.'

"Um... Gabriella is kinda busy with homework and such, so now's not really a good time." She told him.

"I made a mistake, Ms. Montez, and I would really like to let Gabriella know that. Could you tell her that I came by to see her?" He asked.

"I will Troy. Goodnight." She smiled.

"Goodnight. Thank you." He smiled.

Troy was about to go home when he got an idea. He silently went around to the back of Gabriella's house and dialed her number on his cell phone. Gabriella was sitting on her bed when her phone started ringing. She picked up.

"Hello?" She answered.

"What you heard, none of that is true. I was sick of my friends riding me about singing with you, so I said things I knew would shut them up. I didn't mean any of it." Troy said over the phone.

Gabriella turned on her nightstand lamp

"You sounded pretty convincing to me," Gabriella said over the phone.

"Listen, the guy you met on vacation is way more me than the guy who said those stupid things,"  Troy told her over the phone.

"Troy, the whole singing thing is making the school whack. You said so yourself. Everyone's treating you differently because of it." Gabriella said over the phone.

"Maybe because I don't wanna only be the basketball guy. They can't handle it. That's not my problem, it's theirs."  Troy told her over the phone.

"What about your dad?" Gabriella asked over the phone.

"And it's not about my dad. This is about how I feel, and I'm not letting the team down. They let me down. So I'm gonna sing. What about you?" He asked over the phone.

"I don't know, Troy." She said over the phone.

"Well, you need to say yes. Because I brought you something." Trouble told over the phone.

"What do you mean?" Gabriella asked over the phone.

"Turn around," Troy told her over the phone.

Gabriella turned around and sure enough, Troy was standing on her balcony. They hung up their phones as Gabriella went to the door and opened it.

Troy: (singing acapella):
This could be the start of something new
It feels so right to be here with you
Oh
And now looking in your eyes
I feel in my heart
The start of something...

"-new," Troy said.

Troy held up  Gabriella's copy of Breaking Free.

"It's a pairs audition." He told her.

Gabriella had made her choice. She walked over to Troy with a smile and took the music sheets. They got close to each other and kissed.

"I love you." He told her.

"I love you more." She told him.

They smiled at each other.
_

______________________________________
Sorry for any errors...