Elizabeth and Darcy's Marriage

Começar do início

Seeing that Elizabeth still needed a moment to recover, Darcy offered

"We should return to the house, I believe your Mother may think I have abducted you and force us to marry," he teased. They turned and began to walk back towards the house, however they were halted in their tracks when they saw a carriage approaching.

"Wonder who that could be?" Elizabeth murmered to herself, "Uncle Edward wouldnt turn up without at least sending word first", she glanced a quick look of confusion at her Fiance before the identity of the carriage passengers was revealed. Elizabeth stepped away from Darcy grasp "I... if I had known" she said while looking down, slyly looking up trying the guage his reaction. Darcy reached out to briefly strike her cheek, pushing her head up to look into her eyes.

"It was bound to happen at some time, its not going to change how I feel or the fact we are going to get married," Elizabeth felt the warmth in his voice despite the obvious tension, his countenance was hardening and he began to stand tall and proud. They continued up to the house and met with the rest of Bennetts to greet Lydia and Wickham, however it had appeared that Mr Darcy's and Bingley's horses was sent for and nearly ready. 

"Lydia!!" Mrs Bennet reached to embrace her daughter, "You should have said you were coming to visit, I would have been ready and sorted out a meal" 

Kitty greeted her sister with mild enthusiasm, before standing back and letting her Mother fuss over her youngest dearest Lydia. Kitty in a month had calmed, still lively but had a dispositon like her elder sister, Elizabeth, her reputation was much improved and was even more popular in town than ever, although for better reasons.  

"I hope we are not an inconvenience" asked Wickham.

"Not at Sir" coldly replied Mr Bennet.

"Mr Bennet do not say it so like that! Lydia and Wickham are always welcome" Mrs Bennet waved them in while giving a scowl. 

"Prey Lizzie, Jane you have not changed one bit" said Lydia with a smile 

"I could say the same about you Lydia," said Elizabeth softly with a hint of coldness in her voice. On hearing of the arrival of Mr Bingleys and Darcy's horses Elizabeth, Jane and Mr Bennet excused themselves and saw the Gentlemen off. Out of the corner of her eye Lydia kept an eye on her sister, Elizabeth and saw her eyes dance when they looked upon Mr Darcy. He bowed and kissed her hand, he bade fair well to Elizabeth, Jane and Mr Bennet. Jane returned to the drawing room with the rest of the family however Mr Bennet indicated Lizzie into his study and sat behind his desk 

"Lizzie I understand your sister being here may be unexpected, but do you still intend to tell your mother tonight" He looked up at his daughter who was looking hesitantly around the room.  

"No" answered Elizabeth firmly, after a few moments "it will save us sending an letter to newcastle."  

"Shall we go then, I believe my daughter may want me present" Getting up with a grunt, then opening the door for Elizabeth to go through. 

"Mr Bennet" exclaimed Mrs Bennet "Prey hurry up, Lydia has announcement to make before dinner," the Bennets settled at the dinner table. Once the footman had came in with the starters and a bottle of wine, Lydia stood up and announced she was with child, after congratulations from everyone they began to settle, Mrs Bennet called for the food which Mr Bennet hastily halted . 

"I believe Mrs Bennet that Lizzie to has an announcement" 

"Wel......" started Elizabeth as she stood up 

"Mr Bennet we hardly had anything for lunch, prey can't it wait till after dessert?" 

Mr Bennet sighed "You had no objection to Lydia, Lizzie continue. 

"Well I like you all to know that I am now to engage ....."  

"Engaged!" interrupted Mrs Bennet "to who Lizzie!" 

"To..." Elizabeth started again "Who!" exclaimed Mrs Bennet  

"Mr Darcy" blurted out Elizabeth before her mother could interrupt again, the table went silent.  

"I don't understand... Mr Darcy....?" Mrs Bennet spluttered out  

"It can't be" Lydia said gob smacked  

"Indeed Mama, me and Mr Darcy are engaged to be married, Mr Darcy saw Papa this afternoon." Elizabeth turned and smiled at her father before sitting down. Mr Bennet called in dinner, which was tense dispite the twofold of good news Lydia would only speak to her Mother about the ailments of her condition. When Mrs Bennet tried to learn more of her second eldests engagement Lydia went quiet sending her sister dark looks. In the swiftness of the main course being clearer, Lydia poured two glasses of wine, which only her husband across the table caught a flash of a little flask when she returned it into the folds of her dress.

Lydia stood, "I would like to say congratualtions to Jane and Elizabeth who will hopefully soon be joining me in maritial bliss, I doubt you will as happy and Wickham and myself but I wish you both well." She handed Elizabeth and Jane the two glasses of wine, the family toasted before the last minute dessert was brought in.

"Lizzie you look pale. Are you ok?" A concerned Jane asked as the empty plates were cleared and the family made way to the drawing room, Elizabeth nodded as her head suddenly felt heavy and everything went black. She dropped to the floor, she was pale and sweating, 

"Lizzie!" Jane jumped up and rushed to her sisters side, taking her hand 

"Papa! We need to get the doctor. Lizzie, Lizzie please." Jane conforted trying to get a response from her static sister.

Mr Bennet called the housekeeper to send for the doctor while he carried Elizabeth up the stairs. Later that night Jane was only tempted from her sisters bedside on the arrival of the doctor and at the suggestion of writing to the Netherfield party - Mr Darcy and Mr Bingley in other words. Bingley didn't read the letter out aloud, but knew it something serious when he saw the parchment, it was stained with tears and the handwriting was just allegeable. Darcy was reading a thick volume when Bingley passed him the letter, he rose immediately ready to leave for Longbottom without a minutes delay, Mr Bingley saw his friends alarm, 

"Darcy I daresay she will be fine, she has her family around her, we don't want to intrude." Charles Bingley tried to smooth his distressed friend, Darcy opened his mouth to argue but thought better of it. "I'll be in my room" he said suddenly then walked out the room.