Introduction

A few quick notes

Thank you for deciding to read my Ace Attorney fanfiction, "Amicus Curiae". Before we begin, I would like to explain some things about the story, and the meaning of its title.

This story is about my OC (original character) Cornelia Chime. I have been doing some Ace Attorney role playing as Cornelia. The OC form info is still true in the story-if you've role played with me, you would know what she is like already. The events in roleplays I have participated in DO NOT happen in this story, obviously, but if you roleplay with me, assume this story to be true in the roleplay.
In short:
Events that take place in this story are true in the roleplay (unless specified during the roleplay)
The roleplay form I would've submitted is accurate in the story
The characters and events of roleplays  I have participated in are not true (do not exist) in this story.

This story takes place during the events of Dual Destinies, and obviously characters and events in that game, as well as previous ones (probably not Apollo Justice of Ace Attorney Investigations 2 exclusive ones since I haven't played those). In short, there will be spoilers, especially for Dual Destinies.

Now for the interesting part. Some people may know what the phrase "amicus Curiae" means, and may be perplexed as to why a story about a prosecutor would be called that, since the term refers to a person, but not a prosecutor. The phrase is Latin for "friend of the court". The reason Cornelia goes to America in the story (and thus the reason the story takes place at all) is because a friend of hers gets falsely accused of a crime. Since she is Cornelia's friend, she is the friend of someone who works in court. The fact that we have this incident to thank for the story is only one meaning of the story.

This story takes place during the "dark age of the law", a time when the court system is corrupt and many attorneys use fake evidence, manipulated witnesses and so on to win cases, with little regard for the truth-these people could be said to be enemies of the court. Cornelia comes to America because the country needs more good people-more "friends of the court"-and she is one such person.

I hope you enjoy my first Ace Attorney fanfiction! Feel free to leave tips and comments about my progress so far.