The First Case

Emily's Pov

"I'm Home!" i yelled when i walked into the house immediately I saw a tiny black cat and a raven on the couch "Pluto! Nevermore!" I went over to Pluto and scratched his head he opened his eyes -one with a bright red gem in it's socket and a scar over it and nevermore lands on my shoulder "Nevermore." The raven quoted with a chirp. "if you two are here that means.." "Hi Em." "DANI! I've missed ya! How've you been? what are you doing here?" "Fine. Just finished a new book Midnight Mysteries 2 : the Salem Witch Trials. Emma called me over when i was done with it. she wanted to celebrate something and called us over here." my brother, Dani is and looks like your typical writer/hipster with black hair and silver hazel eyes, stated. "Heh, detective to the afterlife huh?" "Please em, you know the family job isn't for me what happened to us back when-"EMMY!" "Ooof! Heh, hi Ella.....hi elf." Ella, with her military styled outfit mixed with a film noir detective and orange eyes and curly bright snow white hair(she dyed it after watching my show RWBY it's originally bright red as well as her eyes being contacts.)   and her dog Elf, A Mini Doberman Pinscher, tackled me to the ground. "Oh my, sorry dear sister i did not expect to make you fall." Elf barked to agree with her as she helped me up "so how's Mystery Trackers?" "In all honestly dear sister it's quite fun, but dangerous at times my last case involved Emma's husband Dalmair-"I NEVER MARRIED THAT PSYCHOPATH!" Ella rolled her eyes when Emma yelled as she walked in."As i was saying, dalmair's crow crashed my car and lead me to  silent hollow now i must say that case was dark.."Oh please El, my cases are darker than yours, I've almost died at the hand of them! Stupid Raven-Hearst...." "Emma, please, act your age." Dani, who's 21, said with a sigh. "Wow I've never seen him this calm around Emma before." I commented. "oh fine Hmph!" Emma pouted as she asked, "So anything new? and did ya get the mail?" "Oh yeah! all there was a letter address to me no return or anything else just my name and the address on it and that's it. Oh and a new storybook not much else..." "Hm? a letter? Let me see it Em." "uh ok Ella." Ella, who's the oldest at 22, took the letter from me and read it out loud for all of us to hear it she began reading it.

"To whom it may concern,

We welcome you, Miss Emily Rose, Into our Organization of Grim and Grim detective agency as the new Fairy tale Detective, we have to inform you that your first case begins on February 14, we would have waited until you were of age but dire times are among us. the Evil Witch (though to a Godmother of Sleeping Beauty) has awoken her ancient curse upon Edinburgh, Scotland we required your help 

if you don't, The world will end.

Please Miss Rose, the fate of the world rests in your hands. Our contact, Allison Stone, will meet you at the base of the village, Rowina, in closed with this letter is your ticket and your fare, Miss Stone has the rest of you equipment with her and will explain everything. after your case report back to HQ in Paris, France.

We wish you best of luck, 

Sincerely,

The Grim Brothers, Milton and Giles Grimm."

"So it appears that our  little sister is starting into the family business of being a detective, and for fairy tales no-less how quaint." "hey fairy-tales ARE real! you've never believed me about them Ella and now this letter is prove!" i cheered as i proved my sister wrong until Dani spoke up "isn't today the 14th?" "OH MY GOD, IT IS! EM WE HAVE TO GO NOW!!! "Emma please calm your-self" "sorry Ellie.." "don't call me that! Emily are you ready? you don't have to go if you don't want to Emma or I could take your place" "No, I WANT to do this! fairy tales are MY passion! you have your magic telepathic powers of fire, Dani has his ghostwriter ability, and Emma has her medium abilities IF anything Has to do with fairy-tales I'm the master of them i Know EVERYTHING about them! i want to prove myself that i can do this! PLEASE ELLA!" I say as i was near tears.