Chapter 13

I don't really know what I was really expecting... I mean, I didn't think that he would jump up and down from excitement or just straight up have sex with me right now.... But I was expecting more this this from him!

He shook his head,

"What did Erica say to you?" He stood up and I followed his action, raising my brow slightly.

"Do you... Not believe me?" I asked, slightly stunned,

"I... I can't have a mate!" When Derek said this it sounded more like he was trying to convince himself more then me, but why would he be in denial? What would be the use?

"Why not?" I asked, sounding almost like a whisper.

"Because... Because I can't! I don't deserve a mate!" He was angrily pacing around the room, and I was just standing in my spot... Slightly alarmed at all of this. Maybe I shouldn't have told him? Ugh! Does he not believe me?! Or could This possibly be one sided? And Derek has no feeling for me like THAT... Like a mate.

This thought frightened me a lot, I would feel utterly rejected and hurt if it was one sided. Derek threw his alarm clock to the floor before he stormed out of the room. Leaving me with my thoughts.

I waisted no time following him, only to find Isaac and Scott sitting in the living room looking at me with apologetic faces,

"Ugh! Did EVERYONE hear!?" I exploded, not wasting time then storming off myself, my room was the only place I felt safe. I took one look around my room and bursted into tears, my room was still slightly trashed from my last rampage and all it did was bring back those memories,those painful memories that made me want to rip my hair out!

Why was Derek being such an ass?! I pulled out my phone, deciding to take a look at this 'mating' thing for myself.

'Mating is not something to take lightly, mating is the bonding of one werewolf to another, it is nearly impossible after the official mating procedure has been done, to "cheat" on your mate because the pull to each other will be so strong that its physically impossible for said wolf. Male wolfs usually are the first ones to feel the pull to there mate, but can be the first to try an ignore it given the timing. But eventually the male wolf will claim his mate, even if its accidentally.'

I stared at my phone in slight shock,

"But still... Why is Derek being such an ass?"

"Because," my head snapped up, looking at Derek who was standing in the doorway, "whenever I let people in... They leave." My eyes soften at Derek, and I scoot over on my bed so Derek can sit next to me, there was already room; but this was my silent way of telling him to sit next to me. He cautiously crossed the room and sat next to me, I took a deep breath and grabbed his hand.

"I would never leave you." I whispered out so lightly that only he would hear it. "I would die before I left you... And even then it's questionable." Derek smirked slightly before returning to his previous 'I'm serious all the time' look.

"I don't want that promise to be broken." He looked down, and I took my other hand (the one that wasn't holding his) and I placed it on his face, moving it so he looked at me.

"I never break promises Derek... Ever." I stared right into his eyes so he knew I was being serious about this, "I know mates are not something to take lightly... And I'm not. I feel it with you Derek. And I would never leave you, you would be my one and only." I went to stand up, feeling like I said all that needed to be said to Derek. He gets it now, and it's all up to him.

As I went to stand up Derek jerked me back down, making me land on his lap and he pressed his lips to mine.

Our lips for together perfectly, and every time I kissed his I felt like I was flying! Everything was perfect when we were together, he HAS to feel it too!

I shifted my body so that I was straddling him and I let my fingers run through his soft black hair. His hands placed firmly on my hips, every so often traveling down to my butt and feeling it. I would smirk every time he did that an my inner wolf would howl in need.

We were heavy in our kiss now and my hands wondered up inside the front of his shirt, feeling his toned chest, I felt myself smile in awe. Soon his hands were doing the same, they crept up my shirt painfully slow until his hands cupped my breasts, I let out a little gasp as he squeezed them, but then begun to moan under the kiss and felt Derek smirk as his tongue and mine wrestled. He begun to bite down on my lip before he pulled away and begun to kiss down my neck and gently nip every so often. I felt my face turn up into a smirk as a felt something hard start pressing up against my ass. I pushed us down so we were laying down on the bed and whispered into Derek ear,

"You know... Little Derek is starting to make an appearance." Derek pulled his head away from me and looked me in the eyes, I faint blush creeping onto his face.

"I-I'm sorry." He stuttered out, but I just grinned and whispered in his ear,

"Who said I minded?" I pulled away to look at him, only to see his facial expression matching mine,

"Scott and Isaac are in the other room," I just shrugged my shoulders,

"They will get the hint sooner or later," Derek rolled his eyes and sat us up,

"No... That's not right, plus... I want it to be a little more special when we become fully connected." I nodded my head, but then I snapped my head up to look at him,

"Wait... Fully connected... As in mates?" I asked, my voice sounding hopeful and happy, Derek chuckled and nodded his head.

"Yes, as in mates." I squealed and jumped on him, but then backed up and looked at him with a playful smirk

"Ask me properly." I put my hands on my hips and grinned, Derek gave me a funny look,

"Properly? Marcey there's no proper way to ask someone? You can't just ask them and it happens? It's something in a wolf instinct." I rolled my eyes,

"I know that! But you have to ask me! Makes it seem more official!" I grinned, knowing that Derek knew I was joking around. But it caught me off guard when Derek got down on one knee and took my hand in his,

"Marcey? Would you do me the honor of being my mate?" I threw a hand over my mouth in shock.

"Yes!" I giggled out, throwing my arms around Derek's neck, "you know, you didn't have to do that." I said, looking at him with a smile on my face. He shrugged

"If it makes you happy." I blushed, now that I look back... Everything makes sense, that Derek and I were mates... But how long had Derek known it for?

"Derek? How long have you known we were mates?" I spoke my thoughts, Derek took a second to respond before answering honestly,

"Well... When I first saw you I felt it... Just this draw to you. My dad had explained to me when I was younger that how when you meat your mate the male wolf will feel it first and will feel it right away." I nodded, but then I cocked my head to the side,

"Then why did you have sex with Erica? If you knew all this?" Derek shrugged,

"I didn't want anyone to suspect anything was different... Then every time you saw Erica you would attack her... And I knew deep down you knew we were meant to be together." I nodded at his answer, and slightly smiling at the end part. I took his hands in mine and swung them back and forth.

"I like this." I said, motioning down to our intertwined hands before standing on my tiptoes and giving him a peck on the lips and unlocking our hands and walking out of the room, making sure to swing my hips back and forth. And for once... Everything felt complete.

Derek chuckled before jogging to catch up to me and putting his arm around my waist, pulling me in closer to him.

________

AWEEEE!!! This has to be one of my favorite chapters!!!(: so I'm going to be driving across 3 different states, starting in an hour... So I will have plenty of time to wright(: so I'm hoping for longer chapters now!!(: COMMENT VOTE AND FOLLOW PLEASE((:

-Tristin?