Prologue

Copyright © 2016

This is my book and the cover I made is completely mine (the photo and everything) and they can't in any way, shape, or form be copied and produced by anyone except for me and the people helping me with this story. Don't steal my characters, plot, story, or cover, for they are rightfully mine and belong to me. Thank you.

This is just a sneak leak. Follow my active account @CenterofFiction to read it all

|||||||||||||

Thula Ann Foster was unlike any other girl I've met in my entire life. She was beautiful and more willing to take risks than anyone else I could've imagined, and most of the time when she would take me along with her on her little adventures I would sit out and take pictures for her on her big black Nikon camera. I was too much of a coward most of the time.

The thing is though, Thula didn't look different. You could stand a mile away from her and not notice anything off about her because she dressed the same as everybody else...most of the time, anyways. I can still remember the time when she wanted to 'reunite herself with the land God created' (that is how she described it), and she also decided to wear much more out of date clothes to reunite with the past. Thula had said that if she wore out of place clothes they would remind her to go out to the forest every day. I, however, still think that she could've just set a reminder on her phone.

But I'm getting ahead of myself already.

I had become intrigued by her the moment I met her, which was quite awkward, I must admit.

I was trying to swim back out of the lake my 'friends' had marooned me in. I thought we were going skinny dipping and then they took my clothes and ran, so I was left naked in the lake. It was freezing cold and I never could swim that well, despite the many swimming lessons my mom had signed me up for (all of which I refused to go to after one practice.)

I cried out for help and I swore to The Lord above I was going to die and that he should please forgive me for kissing Idina Malone in her pickup truck when she was dating Ethan Hossier. I was even muttering it aloud. I started to sink under after I gave up doggy paddling. My muscles were burning and shaking and I had given up hope. All of a sudden, I had heard a loud splash and heard it coming towards me. I thought it was my friends coming back for me, but when I turned around it was just a small girl with brown hair swimming swiftly towards me.

She didn't say anything, just draped my bare arm over her shoulder and swam me back to the shore. I was shivering and my teeth were chattering. As hard as it is to believe, I had completely forgotten my lack of clothing and it wasn't until Thula put a huge blanket around me that I remembered. I quickly covered myself up with it.

Now, at this point, you're probably assuming that it was very weird and awkward. And it was at first. Until she finally spoke and broke the silence. She had told me to choose my friends more carefully next time before I went camping with them because next time she wouldn't most likely be there to help me. It was embarrassing for me to thank Thula for saving me from the water. I was a stubborn and arrogant thirteen year old. Thula had also asked me why my parents had let me out into the woods at such a late hour with friends, but I didn't answer and asked her the same question.

Thula told me that her parents had died in a car crash and that she was now living with her grandparents in an old mothball-smelling house that had a bunch of wild onion chive patches surrounding it. I instantly knew what house she was talking about, it was in the next block over in the older part of my neighborhood, and she smiled. I never got her name that night and was determined to find her and ask her.

Thula had a sort of mysterious beauty to her, and I wanted desperately to know her name. Sadly, every time I would go to her house, no one would answer the door. The one time it was answered, it was answered by a small old woman with wrinkly skin and too much red blush on her cheeks. I told her I was just looking for her granddaughter and all she did was nod her head and say,"She isn't home, my dear boy. Come back later. "

And I did. But I never ever met her again. I became more and more uninterested in finding this mysterious, gorgeous girl who had saved my life. I didn't see her for a few more years until she came to my high school in senior year. We had almost every class together, but she didn't seem to even recognize me until we were partners in our English class.

Having said all of that poor rubbish I think it is fair to start telling you not only about my deep newfound love and the story of the romance, but the story of Thula Ann Foster as well.