11. Friendship Books

Magsimula sa umpisa

"What do you mean by--" I try to ask, but a little voice interrupts me.

"Amu-nee! We need you for the pillow fight!" Rin shouts and finds me next to Tendou. "Hi Mr. Tendou!!" Rin waves to him.

"Hi Rin." Tendou greets with a warm smile. "Aww... Such a cute kid~"

"Don't kidnap him," I bluntly tell Tendou and turn to Rin. "I'm coming, you go ahead first."

"Okay!" he shouts back and heads to Ushijima's room.

I take a quick glance behind Tendou to see him waving with a sneaky smile on his face.

I don't believe Tendou... I won't believe Tendou.... But what does Ushijima read??????

Ushijima POV
(In his room)

I lay out all the pillows and examine them. The lighter white ones are very soft, but so soft I don't know if they could be used well for a pillow fight. The darker white ones are a bit hard, but I don't want to hurt the kids or Amu.

I need some advice. I turn to Ran, "which one do you think is the best pillows to use?"

"Mr. Ushi... They all seem like the same kind of pillow," Ran points out.

"Hm. I guess you would say that because they all seem to look at the same," I mutter to myself as I continue to look over the pillows.

Ran comes over and swings herself on my arm. "You know what Mr. Ushi, I'm glad Amu-nee is playing with us," Ran says with a bright smile. "She always studies and works hard to take care of us that I never seen her have any fun until now."

"Amu is a hardworking and diligent person. She has tons of potential to be a volleyball ace," I add in still testing the pillow.

"That's true... It may look like that Mr. Ushi, but she works hard to do good in everything to hide her loneliness. No one notices her, but I'm sure she wanted to be noticed by someone," Ran sadly says and suddenly hugs my neck. "But you did and now Amu has Mr. Ushi as a friend along with her other friends here. Amu-nee is no longer lonely like before." Ran grins.

"Amu says she doesn't see me as a friend," I correct Ran, who stares at me with disbelief.

"What? Why does Amu-nee say that?!" Ran asks completely confused. "You're her best friend?!"

"I don't know why, but I've been reading some friendship books to make her see me as a friend," I explain. "But it isn't working."

"Friendship books?" Ran repeats clearly confused. "What's --"

"Pillow fight time!" Rin shouts slamming the door open. He runs and jumps on the pillows I laid out. "Mr. Ushi you have so many pillows." Rin says happily laying on the pillows.

"Of course, you have to be prepared to have a pillow fight," I answer.

"Or you have to be Ushijima to bring so many pillows," I hear a voice and turn to see Amu come into the room. "There are so many pillows here that it can become a pillow wonderland."

"Ohhh!!! Pillow wonderland!" The kids repeat with sparkling eyes. "Mr. Ushi let's have a pillow fight now!"

I nod my head and take out my research papers on pillow fights. The three of them wear a blank expression as I hand out the papers to each one of them. "This is my research on pillow fights. It has all the facts and instructions on how pillow fights work. Pillow fights originally started on--"