2) Mark Of A Victim

Megan's POV

As I get to school I walk straight into the building, trying not to make eye contact with anyone, and to my locker. As I near my locker I see my best friend Jake leaning against the locker next to mine, so I walk over and push him out of my way. He acts like my push made him lose balance, even though me and him both know I'm not that strong, and has to rebalance or else he'll fall. He rebalance and turns to me with a smile on his face making his hazel eyes shine. "Awe did I get in my little princess's way!"

"Jake what did I say about calling me princess." I say trying to cover up how much that nickname annoys me.

While I try to keep an emotionless face he replies with "I seem to remember that you love it just like you love me!" He say his smile just growing as the seconds go by.

I reply with a deadly face and my voice in a low growl "Your lucky your my best friend or else I would deck you right now."

"Okay okay! I'm sorry Meg but your to much fun to mess with!" He says with his hands in the air in a mock surrender.

"Jake why must you always act like a child?" I ask while rubbing my pointer finger and my thumb on my temples.

"Cause you wouldn't love me any other way" he says in a chipper voice as he kisses my cheek and then runs away.

"Your such a child!!!" I yell as he runs to his locker.

I turn back to my locker to get all the books I need for my first four classes. Once I'm done I hear the warning bell go off, so I start walking to my English class.

On the way I bump into the worst jock this school has to offer Justin 'badass' Lewis.

He looks down at me, and pushes me so hard I fall to the floor and whimper from the pain.

"Watch where your going nerd!" His voice echoes though the hall.

As I was about to reply a voice beats me to it. "Leave her alone Justin" the voice said and when they reached his name it sounded as if this person was discussed by him.

Justin turns around to face who ever stood up for me while I have to look around him to see the most stunning girl I've ever seen.

It was my old best friend, Jacey Knight the schools bad girl. She was standing there her hands on her hips with one of her hips cocked to the side, she looked like she was about to deck this guy.

"Awe babe I wasn't gonna hurt her to much I was just gonna teacher her, her place, but now that your here why don't we go have fun." Justin replays in a very suggestive manner that made me want to gag.

"As if I would ever let you touch me!" Jacey scoffs. "Now get out of my way , or else I'll tell your daddy and everyone in this damn school your dirty little secret!" She says making no room for argument.

Justin looks at her for a moment and then back at me before walking away mutter things under his breath.

I was still on the ground stunned by what I just witnessed. I quickly come back to my senses when none other than Jacey comes over to me and reaches her hand down in an offer to help me up.

I quickly grab her hand and pull myself up with some of her help, as I go to let go of her hand she pulls me closer and lowers her self just enough to whisper in my ear, and her next words leave me stunned.

" Megan your my next victim." She say in a low voice then turns ever so slightly and kisses my cheek, gasps are heard from everyone watching this exchange, then she walks away leaving my stunned.

Once I get over the shock my hand flys up to my cheek and I look around and see everyone looking at me. I quickly turn on my heels and run as fast as I can to the nearest bathroom.

By the time I reach it, tears are streaming down my face as I realize what this means. I'm Jacey's next victim ....