"Yes he did."

"Can you pass me Anna?" I asked my mom. She got up took her out her crib and passed her to me. "I'm so happy that mean lady didn't get to you." I cried holding her tight and placing kisses on her fat cheeks.

***

"Hey baby, how you feeling?" I asked Shawn while sitting beside him in his hospital bed. I had let my mom take Anna home with her and asked Anise to drop me off here.

"Hi" he tried to speak but his voice was sore.

"Shhh" I placed my index finger over his lips. "You don't have to speak. I'm just so happy your alright. I was scared shitless baby." I cried and held onto him. "I love you."

"I love you" he whispered then kissed the top of my head.

I sat there with him for awhile just staring and thinking how I almost lost him last night. Tears started to run down my face and I was so thankful that he was alive and recovering. I kissed his forehead a left him to rest I knew it was soon time to feed Anna.

***

"See you later and Thank you!" I said to Anise when she dropped me and Anna home.

Home didn't feel like home no more. This place was my peace away from everything. Now that Anise is now gone and what happened last night it had a bad energy about it. It was just an apartment, my mom had cleaned the blood from the floors and wall and put a cover over on the couch until I got the fabric changed.

I placed Anna in her crib for a nap and laid on my bed replaying the events of last night. Thank God for Greg and I have to thank him when I see his truck is home. I wondered what he does for a living to even have a tranquilizer but thank God he did.

I reached over for my phone from the night stand and decided to call my mom.

"Hello?" my mom answered.

"Hi mommy."

"Is everything alright?" she questioned.

"Yea we're fine. Can me and Anna spend the night with you I'm not comfortable here." I told her.

"Of course you can, baby" she said. "Your father said he's glad your alright and he'll be back from his business trip tomorrow."

"Thank you! We'll be over shortly." I squealed.

She chuckled "See you in a few" she hung up.

I grab two bags and packed for me and Anna. In about twenty mins I think I had all that I needed. Little did mom know I was staying there until I found a new place.

***

"Ma!" I shouted as I knocked.

"Coming!" she screamed. She open the door and took Anna from me. "Hi nana baby, I missed you!"

"You just saw her earlier today." I said dragging two bags inside.

"That's an awful lot for a night." she said eyeing my bags and I smiled a wicked smile at her.

"Welllll......" I stretch it and she laughed.

"You can stay until you find a new place." she said.

"You know me so well." I smiled

"You are your mother's child." she said and kissed my cheek. "Go rest, I'm keeping my grand baby tonight."

"Thank you. I'm so exhausted." I told her

I made my way to my room that literally still looked the same. My pink throw pillows thrown on my bed. My mahogany bedroom set still laid out the same and I still had clothes in my drawers and closet. Felt it had been a decade since I stopped living here where in reality it had only been 4 years.