"Hi"

"You got everything?" She asks.

"Yup."

"Then let's get truckin'!"

With that we pull out of the drive way.

5:00pm

'Give me a second, I , I need to get my story straight'

Mom 'jams' to the radio as I bang my head in the window.

Why did I agree to go on this trip? Why? I could have stayed with Lilly family. They have awesome food and a nice house. A nice quiet house.

10:00pm

"Are we there yet? are we there yet? are we ther-"

"MOM YOUR THE ONE DRIVING! YOU SHOULD KNOW!"

"HAHAGAH"  She starts to laugh choke and I push my chair back and go to sleep.

5:00am

'Baby's got back!'

"Mom can you turn that down a bit, its five in the morning."

"You need to wake up anyways. Pit stop in five"

I raise up and put my shoes on.

"Wow what a nice gas station." I say sarcastically.

"I know!" Mom says not getting the joke.

The Thorntons sign is all lit up but the T leaving 'horntons'.  Classy.

I get out of the car and go pee.

"Honey, get a snack."

I grabbed three king sized rice crispy treats and a large pepsi.

I walk up to the counter and pull out my debit card.

He checks everything out.

"Ok, swipe now."

I swipe and look up.

He just stares and giggles.

"What?" I give him a look of confusion.

"You have a gum wrapper right there." He says pointing to his right cheek.

I peel it off and shove it in my pocket.

"Thanks." I say as I pick up my things and leave.

"No problem." He says as the door closes behind me.

I have a bone to pick with mom! Sheesh, letting her daughter walk around with a gum wrapper right on her cheek.

I get to the car to find mom, once again, singing to I like big butts.

I pull open the door and start to scream.

"YOU LET ME WALK AROUND WITH A FLIPPIN' GUM WRAPPER STUCK TO MY CHEEK!"

She just sits there and laughs. Just wait.

4:00pm

'Shake your groove thang, shake your groove thing!'

"Honey, were OFFICIALLY in Ohio!"

"Yay"

"One more hour till were in Columbus."

"Thank god." I whisper under my breath.

"What was that?"

"Nothing."

5:05pm

"We're here! I made sure to find a hotel in walking distance from the record store! Oh yeah! I put 300$ on your debit, have fun! Unfortunately I'll be at work every day until Christmas, which is the day before we leave."

"Ok."

With that, we pull into the hotel and I hop out grabbing my two suit cases and one of moms bags.

I walk through the spinny doors and into the 'grand' hotel.

Not bad.

Mom checks in and gives me one of the room keys. Second floor.
That's good.

I open the door to our hotel room. Two big beds and a HUGEEEE TV. I think I'll like it here.

"Sweetie, I've gotta get ready. Meeting with the client at 6:30. I'll be back at 12:00, be back before I am if you leave."

"Ok."

Ten minutes pass by and my mom is out the door. I jump up and start to set my portable record payer up. I put on the same Beastie boys record and lay on the bed.

Fifteen minutes go by and I'm bored.

I get up and shove my hair into a messy bun, brush my teeth, and check my face for gum wrappers.

As I walk out of the hotel I start to dream of all the old treasures and the smell of antique records.

I have a feeling it's going to be a good night.

________________________

I know the chapters are short but that's easier on me because I can try to update twice a day. Thanksgiving break is over and I don't have as much time to write, so it will be a little slower. To anyone actually reading this thanks.
Leave a comment or vote!

PS. Josh is introduced in the next chapter!!!