Chapter Five

Hey! So I am not dead! Yay! The school year has started and I am just super busy with teaching and such! :) I am working on "Everything I Never Wanted", but I really had the inspiration to write this story. I am thinking about writing an epilogue chapter for "Blood Pet" that will open up for another story that involves King Julian that takes place after "Everything I Never Wanted".

"You did what?!" Robert Fitzgerald tried to control his anger as he listened to his wife explain to him what had happened at his house over the phone.

"I'm sorry, Robert, I didn't have a choice... he was going to hurt, Elizabeth."

Robert reined in his anger; it would do no one any good anyway. He knew his wife had made a rash decision, but based on what she said happened, it sounded like she really didn't have much of a choice.

"How the hell did they even find us?!" he asked, "You placed the protection spell over all of us, right?"

"Of course, I did!" Mary spat in the phone; after a moment, she took a deep breath, "I'm sorry I shouldn't yell. It does nothing but cause stress for both of us," she sighed, "It's just - just... I don't understand how they found us! That's the most powerful spell that I know, Robert!"

"What about the one you put on Elizabeth?"

Mary nearly fell over in shock at the question. She hadn't even thought to check to make sure the cloaking spell she had placed on her youngest daughter was still intact.

"I-I don't know, Robert!"

Her husband sighed, "I hope it didn't. You and I both know what would happen if anyone finds out what she really is."

"I know," Mary sighed. Elizabeth was something that was not only very rare, but also very illegal due to the power that she would and could possess. If the cloaking spell she had cast over her younger daughter ever wore off and people discovered what she really was... which was more than just a witch, then she would be forever hunted by the supernatural community and probably killed if caught. For now, Mary thought she was safe as no one had come banging on her door in regards to her younger daughter.

"I think she's safe, Robert." Mary said, "The vampire wanted me, not her."

Mary could hear her husband sigh of relief clearly through the phone.

"How far away are you?" she asked.

There was a long pause on the phone before Robert finally spoke, "Tell the girls without us, Mary."

"What?" Mary nearly shrieked through the phone, "You aren't even going to be here while I explain to the girls what the hell is going on?! Why?"

"You know why."

After a moment, Mary calmed down enough to remember why her husband wouldn't be able to make it, "Well, tell Liam what's going on. I know he knows some of it, but he deserves to know everything, just like the girls."

"I will," he said, "I will see you soon, okay?"

"Alright."

They said their goodbyes and hung up.

Mary returned to the living room where both of her daughters now sat on the couch, looking anxious. Not that she blamed them; they had both been scarred by what they had witnessed just ten minutes ago.

Her youngest opened her mouth, but she held her hand up, "No, Elizabeth... let me explain this the way it needs to be explained."

The young girl looked annoyed; her eyes narrowed, but after a moment, she relented and nodded slightly; closing her mouth.