Chapter One: My uncle who?

• Dedicata a May

Chapter One: My uncle who?

*Lily's P.O.V* 

I was sitting at my desk, scrolling through my Facebook feed like I always do. I got bored fast and leaned back on my swivel chair and started to spin myself around slowly. I looked around my room, turquoise walls, queen sized bed, pink and turquoise polka dotted bed spread and my reading room. I call it my reading room, but it really isn't a room at all. Just a half circle with windows and a padded half circle window bench. I loved it. I always sit there and read or just sit there and stare out the window. I'm an only child and have my own room (duh! why wouldn't I?) but I usually hang out at my best friend, Maddie's house. I practically live there. So my room is usually clean and neat, just how I like it. I pulled out my iPhone and texted Maddie. 

Me: Hayy. What's up? Can you hang out later? She answered in seconds, like always. 

Maddie: Hi! Sure, I'm sure mom wouldn't mind. Sleepover? 

Me: Sure. See ya! :) 

Maddie: Bye! :P 

I turned off my phone and got up, only to plop down on my bed and close my eyes. 

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

I must've fallen asleep, because I woke up to someone knocking on my door. I sat up and opened my blurry eyes. I checked the time, 4:30. Crap! I was supposed to be at Maddie's an hour and thirty minutes ago! "Lily?" "Are you in there?" I heard my moms voice say. "Yeah, come in" I said. She opened the door and walked over, sitting on the edge of my bed. There was a expression I had never seen before pulled over her usual calm, happy face. "Mom?" Are you alright?" I asked, worried. "Oh, yeah....it's just...." She trailed off and stared into space. "Mom!" I said, waving my hand in front of her face. She jumped, as if I just snapped her out of a trance. "Oh, Your uncle Simon just called, and he wants you to stay with him over the summer." She finished in one breath. "My uncle who?" I asked, confused. I never heard of an uncle Simon before. "Simon Cowell, well, he's... my brother." She finished, slumping her shoulders and putting her head down. I patted her shoulder. "It's alright mom, I'm not mad you never even thought if telling me before." I said, sarcasm sharp in my voice. She looked at me, "I'm so sorry. I don't know why, I guess I was ashamed." I glared at her and jumped off my bed. I burst out of my room and pounded down the hallway. One thought racing through my mind the entire time. Holy crap, Simon Cowell is my uncle. 

A/N: Hey guys! Me again! I will try to update as soon as I can, if anybody is reading this. Vote, comment and tell your friends!