...Eyes...

"Eyes"                                                                                                                                                    New Delhi, India (2012)

For most of you who do not understand the difference between a ghost and a demon let me try and make this simple. A ghost or a wandering spirit is the energy left behind by a dead person that takes a form to showcase its presence. A demon, on the other hand, is a part of the negative energy created by your-self that takes a communicating form and makes it-self felt around you. That is how most scientific texts describe it. The religious texts have rather more elaborate, and conflicting definitions'.

The story I am about to tell you today happened with a friend of mine a few years ago. Some people say he had one of the most beautiful girlfriends' one could ever imagine or dream of.

She had the perfect body that any guy would love to hold against his body, and the most beautiful part of her, as described by most of her lovers, was the lovely pair of eyes she carried on her beautiful ravishing face. Some say she could give a guy a turn on just by looking at him.

To clearly understand this story I shall take you into the past of my friends' so called hot girlfriend (Disha). She was the regular teenage girl who had a couple of boyfriends; most of them were really flirts but some of them really loved her and every single time; she very convincingly used her seducing eyes to win or break a heart.

Many guys did not bother while other's cursed her for ruining their life and most of them definitely cursed her eyes.

After almost three years of playing and juggling with innocent hearts, Disha had come across my best friend. After meeting him, she too had planned on changing her ways as she discovered that she had really fallen in love with him. After about two and a half years of togetherness, the duo had finally decided to move in together; to my friends apartment in West Delhi.

It was the first day of togetherness and both of them were busy unpacking their own things, making out with each other in the breaks and laughing at some or the other hilarious life event.

Setting up the cupboards and stowing away their respective empty suitcases and bags was almost an hours ordeal, by the end of which, the duo was totally famished. They made out with each other again and Disha proceeded to take a bath in the washroom.

Everything was fine. The washroom was well kept and tiled in white and fitted with the most exquisite fittings. A singular five-watt circular LED bulb enlightened the small yet cozy was closet.

Disha got out of her clothes and dawned the bathrobe. She slowly switched on the tap of the bathtub and returned back to the washbasin to brush her teeth. There was a life-sized mirror in front, looming over the washbasin. Disha pouted a few times and made a few hot poses before she actually got to brush her teeth.

She realized Anhad was probably asleep already, as she could not hear his voice coming from the bedroom. She slowly started brushing her teeth. While brushing Disha suddenly felt like she had a split vertigo moment...

Things slowly became clearly and Disha's marrow froze as she looked in the mirror in front...

Behind her, standing a few feet away was a disfigured white creature with an oval head. He looked human, only thinner and absolutely white. His veins were visible all over the body. His eye sockets were hollow, and their gaze set on her and his mouth was wide open no teeth no tongue just darkness inside.

Disha turned back in horror, only to face the creature face front. It was standing there, still... without motion, with its socket less eyes and mouth gaping at her. Disha somehow managed to swiftly open the door and run to the bedroom where she woke Anhad and told him everything.