"This humble citizen of Aeon greets the Crown Prince and Princess," Xuan murmured.

"I am the Crown Prince- Long Wu Seo- your next king, and my wife, Jang Wang, the next Queen," Seo replied, "welcome to my kingdom. It is a delight to have you here with us once more, your help will truly strengthen-"

"Ah yes, well I am pleased to visit this palace after my long absence. However, I am afraid that I did not return to reclaim my position."

A senior from the south faction stepped out of the formation line. He said, " Your Highness, it is a blessing that we have won the war thanks to ... " the man gave a snarl at Xuan, "but it is within our best interest to not recruit this man." 

Seo raised his eyebrows, his dark brown eyes curiously peering at the adviser. The older men in the room seemed to nod in correspondence to the man. "... why is that Lao? Why should the man who saved this country more than a dozen times not reclaim his status? Are you telling me that his saving my life was worthless?"

The man called Lao suddenly knelt down, "Please appease your anger, your Highness!" Everyone in the room followed in his example. 

"Well, I want to hear what Xuan thinks," Seo gestured. 

For the first time, Xuan looked up at the King. They were both taken back at that moment as they shared a brief eye contact with one another. Xuan had resolution in his eyes that did not falter, and that added more confidence to his beauty. It took away Seo's breath, as it did with the other ministers.

While Seo analyzed Xuan, Xuan analyzed the prince in return. Seo was certainly a very good looking man. He had the kind of face that stopped you in your tracks. Xuan guessed he must be used to that, the sudden pause in a person's natural expression when they looked his way followed by overcompensating with a nonchalant gaze and a weak smile. 

He had tousled dark brown hair, which was thick and lustrous. His eyes were a mesmerizing deep brown, flecks of silvery light performed ballets throughout. His face was strong and defined, his features molded from granite. He had dark eye brows, which sloped downwards in a serious expression.  

Unlike Xuan, a figment of gentle beauty, Seo's look was what men wanted to aim for. He was devilishly handsome , and a blush gave it away. However, Xuan was different from any other person who met the Crown Prince for the first time. He did not show jealously or envy, nor one that a woman would make. Well, he couldn't have cared less even if Seo was the most sought after man in the country. Xuan had lived more than three decades, he knew how the world worked. 

However, what Xuan did show was respect. Respect because at the tender age of twenty-four, Seo already knew how to control his people. Their moments of gazing and staring at each other stopped when the Princess finally spoke her first few words. Perhaps it was out of fear, who knows.

"Yes, it will be beneficial for us to have Xuan in our army. But, we want to hear what he thinks," Jang nodded.

"I only did what I had to, to save this palace from its death. I am merely extending the time, and as harsh as it seems, I do not want to serve a kingdom that is on its death bed." 

"D-death bed... d-death bed you say?" The Princess gaped at his response.

A sudden roar from both factions broke out. The advisers were not afraid as they hurled dozens of insults to Xuan. It seemed that just two lines from this man could have caused such an impact. It was Xuan after all, the man whose power extend over Aeon's army to this day. How else was he able to travel the past ten years?

"SILENCE!" 

Everyone in the room shut up and quickly went back to their formations. They turned the position to focus on the Crown Prince once more, who was angrily standing up and glaring at his men.

"I asked for his opinion! Not yours! If word got out that this is how the men, the people who govern this country, act like, just imagine the disgrace thrown upon us." Seo stammered. There was disbelief in his voice that his advisers would act out like this. Seo, as young as he was when Xuan still worked in the army, did not know why Xuan left. Therefore , he couldn't imagine why the ministers were in such anger.

Lao stepped up, " Your Highness, you who were still just a boy did not know what occurred. Please let us handle this and return to your-"

"You do not tell the future king to leave," the Princess snapped, "You do not if you don't want to be hanged at this moment!" 

The Princess who was still obviously shocked from Xuan's statement unconsciously snapped.

"Now, Xuan, are you telling me that this country is already over?" Jang asked, perturbed that a citizen of Aeon, someone who was raised here, could even spout such bullshit. 

"It was over ever since the last king died. You are still young, but I admire your determination. The Crown Prince is more than suitable to be our next King, but as I've said, he is still young. He will deter from the path he should take with advisers who have no idea what they're throwing this country into-"

Seo stopped Xuan, "And that is why I need your help."

Moments of silence followed, and no one spoke a single word.

"Please... stay here for a while, we will cover your housing expenses. I want you to think over your decision. 

Xuan heaved a long sigh, he couldn't reject the prince's proposal even if he wanted to. No matter how long he would stay, there wasn't any chance he was going to change his mind, not even that small .01%.

"I understand. I will stay for a month."

A large smile appeared on Seo's face. It was from relief that he did not reject the offer, and happiness that there still was a chance, " Thank you."