Chapter Eight

The sky glowed, seemingly on fire, with gorgeous hues of red and orange as the sun nearly touched the ocean. Waves ebbed and flowed rhythmically as Butchy and I laid side by side on the blanket. It was such a peaceful and beautiful moment as time seemed to stand still. I laid there in awe of nature as well as the events that had transpired during the day.
        Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine today would turn out the way it did. My mysterious biker hero turned out to be my one of my students and then my date. As crazy as it seems, I'm so glad my day was turned upside down by him. Right now, I'd be home alone eating takeout and watching tv with my cat if it weren't for him. Yea. My life is that thrilling.
       I giggled out loud. "What's so funny", Butchy asked softly. I turned on my side to face him. "I was just thinking about how today turned out to be nothing like I thought it would." I smiled as I met his gaze and he returned the smile. "Same here, doll. But I'm glad it did." He grabbed my hand gingerly and brought it close to his lips. I froze as he tenderly kissed the back of my hand while gazing into my eyes. Never has a guy done something like that before.
        I felt like I was in a movie and wondered what would happen next. I scoffed before remarking "Are you going to serenade me now?" I grinned and he followed suit. "If the lady requests." He sat up and I waited for a guitar to magically appear; I was a bit disappointed when it didn't. I sat up and faced him, "Oh I request, alright!" I couldn't help but giggle in anticipation.
        Butchy cleared his throat over-dramatically but then became very serious. A surprisingly low tone came out of him as he began singing Love Me Tender. Oh my goodness, what a voice! His singing voice was silky and smooth, quite opposite of his speaking voice. My heart fluttered as he sang for me, or more so to me.

Love me tender,
Love me sweet,
Never let me go.
You have made my life complete,
And I love you so...

        He continued on and my soul soared as high as the full moon. I had never been serenaded before and was, again, a bit surprised by him. I thought he was going to just sing in a silly manner since I was only joking with him. Suddenly, he stood up whilst still singing and reached out his hand. Oh, what's he doing?
        I put out my own hand and he swiftly pulled me up and into his arms. Butchy put an arm around my waist and held my hand as we slow danced while he sang. My heart was palpitating like crazy as we slowly swayed to his beautiful singing. I put my hand on his shoulder, leaning into his strong, warm chest. I think I could stay like this forever.
        He finished the song and I pulled my hand from his so I could clap for him. When I did, he blushed a bit, as if he didn't often receive such praise. "Wow, Butchy, that was great! You're a really good singer!" He chuckled and did an Elvis impression. "Thank you. Thank you very much." He grinned and so did I as we laughed together. My watch beeped, interrupting our moment, as I saw the time. Butchy peeked at my watch and said, "It's getting late, doll." I sighed, hating to admit that it was. "Yea, unfortunately, it is." We packed up our stuff and headed towards his bike, hand in hand.