Chapter 2

“Um, yeah so I’ll see you tomorrow morning 9 o’clock ok?” I said nervously while biting my lip.

With his attention refocused completely on me, he suddenly lost the glare and gained a look that said he noticed that I didn’t respond to his question and that he will be asking it again. I shivered this time not from the cold, but from the message that look promised.

“Yeah, see you later.” He finally replied, then turned around and exited the store.

I turned around                                                                                                              

“Henry! how many times do I have to tell you that was not me that went home with you that night but my cousin!”

“Yeah, sure it was your cousin.” He snorted.

“Henry, I will only say this once so listen to what I’m about to say, I DON’T WANT YOU AND WILL NEVER WANT YOU IN THAT WAY!” I tell him forcefully.

Henry just stands there in shock. Shock because every time before that he’s mentioned the time “we” got together I’ve simply ignored him and walked away, but for him to embarrass me in front of a potential buyer is simply unacceptable and that is one thing I won’t tolerate.

“Also, I am offended that you would even think that me and my cousin look anything alike, first because I’m adopted, second because we act nothing alike, and third because we are different complexions altogether. So this is the last time this will ever be mentioned again and if you had such a good time with my cousin why don’t you fucking call her? Ugh!” I say while grabbing my coat and bag and proceeding to leave the store. Though, before I leave I turn back and say, “Don’t forget to lock up when you leave.”

Henry just continues to stare at me for a second before responding in a small voice saying, “Ok I will and I’m sorry for the mix-up.” He then proceeds to lock up the store.

I turn around and head directly to my car.

I sigh, releasing all of my frustration then I open the door to my car and get in, but in that moment I notice a small letter sitting in the passengers’’ seat.